These Tigernut Flour Waffles are perfect for a simple Vegan, Paleo and allergy friendly breakfast. They are made with tigernut flour, lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and kid friendly.
- Make flax eggs by combining 2 tablespoons ground flax with 6 tablespoons water. Stir, then let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add remaining ingredients to flax eggs. Mix well.
- Preheat miniature waffle iron.
- Pour 2 heaping tablespoons batter onto preheated waffle iron and cook until done*
- Repeat step 4 until no more batter remains.
*Cooking time will take longer than a "normal waffle". When done, the waffles should be slightly crisp on the outside and golden brown in color.
Keywords: waffles, breakfast, tigernut, tigernut flour, Paleo, Vegan, Allergy Free, nut free, egg free