An easy, Paleo soup recipe with fresh veggies and grass fed beef.
- 1 lb Grass-fed stew meat
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 head bok choy
- 1 small onion
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/4 head green cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 1-2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10 cups water
- Prepare vegetables*
- Pour water into extra large pot and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, place beef and avocado oil on a medium-sized frying pan and cook on medium heat until done (no more pink showing).
- Once veggies are prepped, meat is cooked and water is boiling, place all ingredients in pot (be careful not to splash hot water on yourself). Cover pot with lid and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 60 minutes or until veggies and meat are tender.**
- Cool slightly and serve.
- Store in air-tight container in fridge or freezer.
*Rinse veggies: bok choy, broccoli, carrot. Cut off base of bok choy and chop. Remove broccoli base and chop. Chop green cabbage. Peel carrot and chop.
**You may reduce the cooking time if you prefer firmer vegetables.
Keywords: soup, stew, whole 30, no added sugar, nut free, egg free, Paleo