These vanilla almond flour cupcakes are healthy, but delicious! They are made with almond flour, sweetened with coconut sugar and completely gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (190g)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (62g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp paleo baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan/s with 14 paper cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. This includes: almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk wet ingredients. This includes: eggs, avocado oil, coconut milk and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, whisk until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the lined muffin pan, filling each slot half-way full. Do not over-fill or the cupcakes will sink after baking.
- Place the cupcakes in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from oven, cool 5 minutes in the baking pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Whisk together shortening, powdered monk fruit, tapioca flour and vanilla until well mixed.
- Pipe or spread frosting over the cooled cupcakes.
*Warm the shortening in the microwave at 10 second intervals until it is soft (not liquid) and easy to whisk.
These cupcakes can be kept at room temperature for a day, but you'll want to store them in the fridge after that. They last well in the fridge up to one week.
Keywords: vanilla almond flour cupcakes, almond flour cupcake recipe, paleo vanilla cupcakes, paleo almond flour cupcakes, grain free vanilla cupcakes, gluten free cupcake recipe, gluten free dairy free cupcakes, paleo cupcakes, healthy cupcake recipe