This healthy beet salad recipe is made with fresh arugula, cooked beets and toasted walnuts. It's paleo, vegan and whole30 approved!
- 3-4 cups arugula
- 1 cup microgreens
- 4 small cooked beets, cubed (about 1 cup cubed)*
- 1/2 cup rosemary toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Prepare salad toppings: cube cooked beets, thinly slice onion, chop basil.
- Place the arugula and microgreens in a large salad bowl. Top with beets, walnuts, onion and basil.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small dish.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Toss with salad tongs or serving utensils until well mixed.
- Serve immediately.
*I used Love Beets pre-cooked beets, which makes prep work easier. However, feel free to cook your own beets by either steaming them in a steamer pot or baking them in the oven.
Keywords: simple beet salad, healthy beet salad, beet salad recipe, arugula beet salad, walnut beet salad, paleo beet salad, vegan beet salad, whole30 beet salad