These chocolate tigernut flour cupcakes are made with tigernut flour and sweetened with coconut sugar. They are gluten free, dairy free, paleo and nut free.
- 1 1/2 cups tigernut flour (140g) sifted, spooned & leveled
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (23g) sifted, spooned & leveled
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch (43g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp paleo baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water (room temp)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. This includes the tigernut flour, cocoa powder, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients. This includes the eggs, avocado oil, vanilla and water.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin tin, filling each slot about half way full. (Making 12 cupcakes.)
- Place the cupcakes in your preheated oven (middle rack) and bake at 350 degrees for 15-16 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool 5 minutes in the muffin tin before removing them to a wire cooling rack.
- Once the cupcakes are fully cooled, you may top them with your favorite frosting and decorations.
For best results, please measure ingredients by weight (when given). I use a small kitchen scale to do all of my baking. It's easy to use, lasts forever (I've had mine for nearly 10 years) and provides more accuracy when measuring ingredients.
Keywords: chocolate tigernut flour cupcakes, chocolate cupcake recipe, paleo chocolate cupcakes, nut free paleo cupcakes, nut free chocolate cupcakes, healthy cupcake recipe