These chocolate tigernut flour cupcakes are moist and tender with a nice crumb texture. They are made with tigernut flour, sweetened with coconut sugar and are paleo friendly and nut free.
My kids and I are chocolate lovers through and through!
So, it should come as no surprise that I'm sharing this nut free paleo chocolate cupcake recipe with you all.
These chocolate tigernut flour cupcakes are made with tigernut flour, which is paleo friendly, gluten free and nut free. I love baking with tigernut flour, and you can find a list of my favorite recipes, as well as learn more about tigernut flour in THIS POST.
As for these cupcakes, they're moist and tender with a nice crumb texture. Tigernut flour has a reputation for being gritty and while I wouldn't describe these cupcakes as gritty, they are a bit crumbly. But also moist - no dry cupcakes here!
Why You'll Love these Chocolate Tigernut Flour Cupcakes
- They're gluten free and paleo friendly - made with a blend of tigernut flour, cocoa powder and tapioca starch
- This cupcake recipe is nut free - great for those with nut allergens
- These tigernut cupcakes are dairy free, so made without butter and without milk
- Made without refined sugar - sweetened with coconut sugar
- No vegetable oils - made with avocado oil
Here's a list of what you'll need to make these healthy chocolate tigernut flour cupcakes:
- tigernut flour
- cocoa powder
- tapioca starch
- coconut sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- avocado oil
- vanilla extract
How to Make Chocolate Tigernut Flour Cupcakes
This is a super easy chocolate cupcake recipe, as I'm all about easy baking. Here are the step by step instructions:
First, preheat you oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until well combined.
Pour the batter into the lined muffin tin, filling each slot about half way full. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.
Place the cupcakes in your preheated oven (middle rack) and bake at 350 degrees for 15-16 minutes.
Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool 5 minutes in the muffin tin before removing them to a wire cooling rack.
Once the cupcakes are fully cooled, you may top them with your favorite frosting and decorations.
I topped these paleo tigernut flour cupcakes with a homemade coconut cream frosting. You can find the recipe for the frosting in my post for paleo chocolate cupcakes (with almond flour).
Or, check out my other paleo frosting recipes:
How to Store Cupcakes
These healthy chocolate cupcakes are best kept in an air-tight container in the fridge and eaten within one week.Print
Chocolate Tigernut Flour Cupcakes (Paleo, Nut Free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 dozen cupcakes 1x
These chocolate tigernut flour cupcakes are made with tigernut flour and sweetened with coconut sugar. They are gluten free, dairy free, paleo and nut free.
- 1 ½ cups tigernut flour (140g) sifted, spooned & leveled
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (23g) sifted, spooned & leveled
- ⅓ cup tapioca starch (43g)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp paleo baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup water (room temp)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. This includes the tigernut flour, cocoa powder, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients. This includes the eggs, avocado oil, vanilla and water.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin tin, filling each slot about half way full. (Making 12 cupcakes.)
- Place the cupcakes in your preheated oven (middle rack) and bake at 350 degrees for 15-16 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool 5 minutes in the muffin tin before removing them to a wire cooling rack.
- Once the cupcakes are fully cooled, you may top them with your favorite frosting and decorations.
For best results, please measure ingredients by weight (when given). I use a small kitchen scale to do all of my baking. It's easy to use, lasts forever (I've had mine for nearly 10 years) and provides more accuracy when measuring ingredients.
Keywords: chocolate tigernut flour cupcakes, chocolate cupcake recipe, paleo chocolate cupcakes, nut free paleo cupcakes, nut free chocolate cupcakes, healthy cupcake recipe
My family and I love these cupcakes. Enjoy!