Healthy, low carb cookie dough protein balls that are Paleo, Vegan and easy to make.
- For the Filling: Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix first with a spatula, then use your hands to knead the dough.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Roll the dough into balls approximately 1 tablespoon in size. Set on a small baking sheet or large, flat plate.
- Freeze the filling for 20 minutes to firm**
- For the coating: Place the chocolate in a small sauce pan. Melt on the stove top over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove balls from the freezer and dip, one at a time, into the melted chocolate.
- Place the dipped balls on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Drizzle any remaining chocolate over the dipped balls and add a pinch of flaked sea salt.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
*This recipe has only been tested using pea protein. If using another protein powder, I recommend measuring by weight for best results. Use my affiliate discount code "bakeitpaleo" for 15% off any Nuzest purchase.
**You don't have to freeze the filling, it just makes dipping the balls in chocolate a lot easier. So, it's recommended.
To make this recipe Keto, use a sugar-free liquid sweetener for the maple syrup and keto friendly chocolate for the coating.
Keywords: protein ball, cookie dough, Paleo, Vegan, no bake, nut free, snack, dessert, high protein