Easy plantain waffles made with ripe plantains and cassava flour. Paleo, Vegan and allergy friendly.
- 1 cup sliced ripe plantain* (160g peeled)
- 1/4 cup cassava flour (35g) spooned & leveled
- 1 tsp Paleo baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (optional)
- Peel plantain and slice into about 1/2" coins.
- Add plantains to food processor. Blend a few seconds, stop to scrape the sides, then blend a few more seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor. Stir with spatula, then blend until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape the sides every so often.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto preheated mini waffle iron.
- Cook until done.
*Ripe meaning yellow with black spots
Keywords: waffle, breakfast, plantain, AIP, egg free, nut free, allergy free, vegan, plantain waffles, paleo breakfast, vegan breakfast, no added sugar