Simple, unsweetened plantain waffles for a delicious, egg free Paleo breakfast.
- Peel plantain and slice into about 1/2" coins.
- Add plantains to food processor. Blend a few seconds, stop to scrape the sides, then blend a few more seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor. Stir with spatula, then blend until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape the sides every so often.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into preheated mini waffle iron.
- Bake until done and serve with desired toppings.
*Extra ripe meaning a plantain that is yellow with many black spots.
Keywords: waffle, breakfast, plantain, AIP, egg free, nut free, allergy free, vegan