Healthy Cinnamon Roll Blondies made with Blue Diamond Almond Flour and almond butter. Low carb, Paleo, keto and gluten free.
For the Blondies
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter (unsalted, unsweetened)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Almond Flour (100g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Icing
- 1/3 cup coconut cream*
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 Tbsp arrowroot starch (or tapioca flour)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the Blondies: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut oil and coconut sugar. Add in almond butter, eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Pour into the wet mixture and stir with a spatula until batter is well combined**
- Pour batter into a lined 8" x 8" baking pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter to the sides in an even, level layer.
- Place the blondies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the blondies from the oven and cool to room temperature in the pan.
- Make the Icing: In a small bowl, whisk together coconut cream, vanilla and maple syrup. Add arrowroot starch one tablespoon at a time until icing has thickened. If the icing is too runny, place it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to thicken.
- Cut cooled blondies and drizzle with icing. Add additional toppings as desired.
- Store in fridge.
*Use just the cream from a can of full fat coconut milk. You will want the cream to be room temperature. If using coconut cream from the fridge, then warm slightly in the microwave.
**batter is thick!
Keywords: blondies, paleo dessert, cinnamon roll blondies, cinnamon desserts, keto dessert, almond flour, almond butter, dairy free blondies, healthy blondies