These Healthy Cinnamon Roll Blondies are the next best thing to a gooey, homemade cinnamon roll. They are made with almond flour and almond butter for the perfect low carb, gluten free and Paleo friendly cinnamon dessert!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Cinnamon rolls are great and all, but these Healthy Cinnamon Roll Blondies are where it's at!
This almond flour blondie recipe is so much easier to make than a batch of cinnamon rolls. AND they taste amazing!
These healthy blondies are made with almond butter and Blue Diamond Almond Flour and drizzled with a simple coconut icing.
Here's the rundown on this easy dessert bar recipe...
These healthy Cinnamon Roll Blondies are:
- low carb
- dairy free
- gluten free & grain free
- easy to make
- soft, chewy and moist
They have the perfect texture - soft, chewy, and moist. These blondies are not dry but gooey and literally melt in your mouth.
Blue Diamond Almond Flour
Part of what gives this easy blondie recipe the perfect texture is the use of Blue Diamond Almond Flour. Their almond flour is finely sifted and made from 100% California-grown almonds.
I've tried many brands of almond flour through the years and I have to say, Blue Diamond Almond Flour has a superior quality.
I love how finely sifted it is - as finely ground almond flour is best for baking. It creates a lighter, fluffier and overall better tasting baked good.
In addition, Blue Diamond sells their almond flour online at a competitive price. Making Paleo baking affordable and convenient!
Ingredients in Cinnamon Roll Blondies
This almond butter blondies recipe only requires a few simple Paleo-friendly ingredients. Here's what you need:
For the Blondies
- coconut sugar (can sub monkfruit sweetener)
- coconut oil
- almond butter (unsweetened, unsalted)
- vanilla extract
- Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- baking powder
For the icing
- coconut cream
- maple syrup (can sub any liquid sweetener)
- vanilla extract
- arrowroot starch (or tapioca flour)
These Cinnamon Roll Blondies are completely gluten free, butter free and lower in sugar than your "average" blondie, which means a healthy dessert recipe that will make both you and your tummy happy!
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Blondies
Making blondies is super easy! All you need are a couple mixing bowls, a whisk, spatula and an 8" x 8" lined baking pan.
Before you begin making the batter, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Make the Batter
Next, whisk together the coconut sugar and melted coconut oil in a large mixing bowl. Then, whisk in the almond butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
Next, pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Use a spatula to stir the batter until it reaches a thick, uniform consistency (as shown below).
Pour the blondie batter into a parchment lined 8" x 8" glass baking pan.
Bake the Blondies
Put the blondies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
After baking, remove them from the oven and let the blondies cool to room temperature in the pan.
Make the Icing
Once fully cooled, make the icing.
Combine coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
Then, add the arrowroot starch one tablespoon at a time. Whisk until smooth. The icing should be thick and viscous. If the icing is too runny, pop it in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes to thicken.
Lastly, cut the blondies and drizzle the icing on top. You can add as much or as little icing as you desire.
As an option, sprinkle on additional cinnamon and some bee pollen.
More Paleo Recipes using Almond Flour
I love baking with almond flour when I'm wanting a low carb Paleo dessert or baked good. So, if you're looking for more healthy gluten free recipes that use almond flour check these out:
- Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Paleo Peach Cobbler
- Almond Flour Vanilla Cupcakes
- Strawberry Crumb Bars
Healthy Cinnamon Roll Blondies made with Blue Diamond Almond Flour and almond butter. Low carb, Paleo, keto and gluten free.
For the Blondies
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup almond butter (unsalted, unsweetened)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Almond Flour (100g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
For the Icing
- ⅓ cup coconut cream*
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 Tbsp arrowroot starch (or tapioca flour)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the Blondies: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut oil and coconut sugar. Add in almond butter, eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Pour into the wet mixture and stir with a spatula until batter is well combined**
- Pour batter into a lined 8" x 8" baking pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter to the sides in an even, level layer.
- Place the blondies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the blondies from the oven and cool to room temperature in the pan.
- Make the Icing: In a small bowl, whisk together coconut cream, vanilla and maple syrup. Add arrowroot starch one tablespoon at a time until icing has thickened. If the icing is too runny, place it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to thicken.
- Cut cooled blondies and drizzle with icing. Add additional toppings as desired.
- Store in fridge.
*Use just the cream from a can of full fat coconut milk. You will want the cream to be room temperature. If using coconut cream from the fridge, then warm slightly in the microwave.
**batter is thick!
Keywords: blondies, paleo dessert, cinnamon roll blondies, cinnamon desserts, keto dessert, almond flour, almond butter, dairy free blondies, healthy blondies