Healthy vanilla protein waffles that are light, crisp and fluffy - perfect for a low carb Paleo breakfast.
- Preheat miniature waffle iron. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F**
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. This includes the pea protein, almond flour and baking powder.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients. This includes the egg, yogurt and vanilla. Mix in water if necessary.
- Pour 2 heaping tablespoons of batter onto the mini waffle iron. Cook until done.
- Place waffle on wire cooling rack and warm in the oven at 200 deg.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 until no more batter is remaining (recipe makes 4-5 waffles).
- Remove waffles from oven, add favorite toppings and eat!
This recipe has only been tested with Nuzest pea protein, which is super absorbent. Other protein powders may not work. Use the code "BAKEITPALEO" for a discount on any Nuzest purchase.
No egg substitutes have been tested
*I used Kitehill Blissful Creamy Coconut Milk Yogurt (plain, unsweetened)
**Placing the waffles in the oven after they have been cooked will keep them fluffy and crisp
Keywords: protein waffles, vanilla waffles, paleo waffles, paleo breakfast, 5 ingredient, easy recipes, low carb, keto