This hearty kale salad is made with massaged curly kale and topped with a delicious homemade tahini dressing. Paleo, whole30 and easily made vegan.
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecans*
- 1/3 cup chopped green apple
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp raw honey
- pinch of salt
- 3-5 Tbsp water
- Prepare kale by rinsing in warm water to remove any dirt. Pat the kale dry, then remove the leaves from the stem. Tear the kale leaves into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl or salad bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the kale. Use your hands to massage the kale for a few minutes, or until the kale is tender.
- Top the massaged kale with pecans, apple, parsley and onion.
- Make the dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Start with just 3 Tbsp of water and add more as needed to reach the desired consistency. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the salad (you will have leftover dressing).
*I made my spicy honey glazed pecans, but raw or toasted pecans will work well too.
Keywords: kale salad, paleo kale salad, massaged kale salad, kale salad with tahini, lemon tahini dressing, tahini kale salad, organic kale salad, curly kale salad, kale and apple salad