I've been putting a lot of raw nuts on my salads lately and decided I needed to "spice" things up a little and make my own simple seasoned nuts. I love all nuts, but pecans are one of my favorites in terms of taste and texture. Thus, this easy recipe for Spicy Honey Glazed Pecans was born - turning out to be my new favorite Paleo salad topper.
These roasted pecans are seasoned with cayenne pepper, thyme, avocado oil and salt and sweetened with a bit of honey. My recipe is Paleo friendly and can be made Vegan by substituting the honey for maple syrup.
Spicy Pecans For Any Occasion
I most definitely made these spicy pecans as a salad topper, but I will argue that they'd go well on nearly anything and everything. I'm thinking vanilla ice cream to baked salmon or sweet potato casserole. The honey accentuates the natural sweetness of the pecans and is balanced by the earthy dried thyme and spicy cayenne. This sweet and salty combo not only makes these pecans irresistible, but great as a topper on any dish.
How Do You Make Spicy Pecans
Seasoning and roasting pecans is so easy! For these Spicy Honey Glazed Pecans, simply coat raw pecans in a mixture of oil and honey. Next, add spices and mix until the pecans are well coated. Spread pecans onto a lined baking sheet, then bake in a pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes.
My recipe for spiced honey pecans is perfect if you are looking for something a little sweet and salty, as they satisfy both cravings! If you don't like spicy then feel free to omit the cayenne pepper - the pecans will still taste great.
These spicy pecans are the perfect Paleo salad topper, portable snack or even dessert addition.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine avocado oil and honey. Mix well.
- Add in pecans and coat with oil-honey mixture.
- Sprinkle thyme, cayenne and salt onto pecans and mix a few more times.
- Place pecans on lined baking sheet, spreading them apart so that they only slightly overlap.
- Place in middle rack of oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (Be sure to watch them so they don't burn.)
Keywords: Salad, Snack