These soft paleo sugar cookies are chewy and delicious! Made with almond flour and coconut flour and completely paleo and vegan friendly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, ground flax, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together shortening, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop* (2 Tbsp per cookie) to scoop the cookie dough onto the lined baking sheet. Slightly flatten with a spatula.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool on baking pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, eat as-is or top with your favorite frosting or icing**
*May make bite-sized cookies (1 Tbsp per cookie) and lower the bake time to 8-10 minutes.
**I glazed these with the icing from my zucchini breakfast cookie recipe.
Keywords: sugar cookies, paleo cookies, vegan sugar cookies, soft sugar cookies, paleo dessert recipe, egg free cookies, christmas cookies, almond flour sugar cookies