Gluten free, savory butternut squash bread - perfect for sandwiches, toast or eaten with a bowl of soup. This loaf is Paleo friendly, grain free, dairy free and unsweetened.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients: almond flour, squash powder, arrowroot starch, baking powder, seasoning and salt.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: eggs, water, olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a parchment lined 8" x 4" baking pan. Optional: add toppings (I added sesame seeds and flaked sea salt).
- Place the uncooked loaf in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool 10 minutes in the baking pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in fridge, or cut and store in freezer.
This loaf is best eaten within a few days. It tastes great sliced and toasted in the oven until crisp.
Keywords: paleo bread, savory bread, butternut squash, squash bread, no added sugar, lunch, dinner, breakfast, breads, fall food