Healthy Paleo and Vegan pumpkin bread made with tigernut flour.
- 1 + 1/2 cup tigernut flour (150g) spooned & leveled
- 1/2 cup ground flax (48g) spooned & leveled
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch (43g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. This includes the tigernut flour, ground flax, arrowroot starch, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. This includes the pumpkin, water, oil, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Whisk until smooth. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Line an 8" x 4" baking pan with parchment. Pour the batter into the pan. Optional: top with additional cinnamon.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from the oven and cool the loaf in the pan for 20 minutes. Then, remove the loaf from the pan and cool on a wire cooling rack to room temperature.
- Best stored in fridge up to one week.
Keywords: pumpkin bread, paleo bread, tigernut flour, tigernut flour bread, vegan, egg free, allergy friendly, nut free