This healthy Tigernut Flour Pumpkin Bread is moist, lightly sweetened and easy to make. It is the best egg free tigernut flour bread recipe - both Paleo and Vegan friendly.
I need more easy tigernut flour recipes in my life 😉
Why? Well, mostly because tigernut flour is one of my favorite grain free and nut free Paleo flours.
I've been using tigernut flour in my kitchen since 2014; when I just started getting into baking Paleo desserts and snacks. But, this past year I've worked on getting more recipes using tigernut flour on the blog.
Tigernut Flour Recipes
Some of my favorite recipes using this small root vegetable include:
- Tigernut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Tigernut Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Tigernut Flour Cupcakes
- Sugar Cookies made with tigernut flour
And that's just a few! I have a whole lot more published and planned for the future.
But anyway, back to this delicious Tigernut Flour Pumpkin Bread! This easy Vegan pumpkin bread is a fall baking must because it is:
- Paleo and Vegan
- nut free, grain free, egg free, dairy free
- lightly sweetened
- super moist and dense
- deliciously spiced
- easy to make
If you're a fan of pumpkin bread, then I'm most certain you'll love this recipe.
Ingredients in Tigernut Flour Pumpkin Bread
Here's what you need to make this egg free tigernut flour bread:
- tigernut flour
- ground flax
- arrowroot starch (or tapioca flour)
- baking soda
- pumpkin pie spice
- pumpkin puree
- water (or almond milk)
- avocado oil (or olive oil)
- maple syrup (or date syrup)
- molasses (or maple/date syrup)
- vanilla extract
Grain Free Flours
A mixture of tigernut flour, ground flax and arrowroot starch are needed to make this paleo bread recipe. The only substitution that I can recommend is subbing the arrowroot for tapioca flour.
This spiced pumpkin bread recipe is flavored with cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt. I use Primal Palate's pumpkin pie spice - it has the best pumpkin flavor and I use it in nearly all of my recipes. (Code "bakeitpaleo" gets you a discount.)
All of these seasonings are optional, but recommended for best flavor. Feel free to add additional spices like nutmeg, ground clove or all spice.
Obviously, pumpkin is necessary for a pumpkin bread recipe 😉 I have made this using two different brands of pumpkin; one thick and the other a bit runny. Both worked.
A little oil is necessary in this healthy pumpkin bread recipe. I recommend avocado oil, as it has no flavor and is great for baking. But, olive oil will work as well.
When looking for a great brand of avocado oil, I always look for one that is: 100% pure avocado oil, non-GMO and packaged in a dark glass bottle. My favorite brand is Chosen Foods.
Maple syrup and molasses are used to sweeten this tigernut flour loaf. I've also tested the loaf with date syrup. Any of these sweeteners can be used, in addition to honey (although honey is not Vegan).
How to Make Tigernut Flour Pumpkin Bread
Like all of my bread recipes, this one is super simple and easy to make! Here's the step by step process:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix Dry Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. This includes the: tigernut flour, ground flax, arrowroot starch, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. I recommend sifting the tigernut flour, as it has a tendency to clump. Also, for best results the flours should be measured by weight rather than volume.
Mix Wet Ingredients
Next, combine the wet ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. This includes the pumpkin puree, water, avocado oil, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla.
Combine Wet and Dry Mixtures
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth. Let the batter sit for at least 5 minutes to thicken.
Pour Batter into Lined Pan
Next, pour the batter into a parchment lined 8" x 4" baking pan. Top with additional cinnamon if desired.
Place the loaf in the preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour (60 minutes).
After baking, remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Then, transfer the loaf to a wire cooling rack and cool to room temperature.
How to Store Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Bread
Because this bread is extremely moist and preservative free, it will not last long at room temperature. I recommend storing it in the fridge, in an air-tight glass container. It will keep well up to one week.
You may also slice the bread and keep it in the freezer. Frozen, it should last well up to one month.
More Easy Paleo Pumpkin Bread Recipes
For more easy pumpkin bread recipes that are Paleo friendly, check these out:
- Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Collagen Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Plantain Bread
- Paleo Pumpkin Banana Bread
Healthy Paleo and Vegan pumpkin bread made with tigernut flour.
- 1 + ½ cup tigernut flour (150g) spooned & leveled
- ½ cup ground flax (48g) spooned & leveled
- ⅓ cup arrowroot starch (43g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. This includes the tigernut flour, ground flax, arrowroot starch, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. This includes the pumpkin, water, oil, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Whisk until smooth. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Line an 8" x 4" baking pan with parchment. Pour the batter into the pan. Optional: top with additional cinnamon.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from the oven and cool the loaf in the pan for 20 minutes. Then, remove the loaf from the pan and cool on a wire cooling rack to room temperature.
- Best stored in fridge up to one week.
Keywords: pumpkin bread, paleo bread, tigernut flour, tigernut flour bread, vegan, egg free, allergy friendly, nut free