These paleo chocolate chip tahini cookies are grain free, vegan and free of the top 8 allergens. Not to mention, the tastiest cookies you'll ever eat! They are soft, chewy and have a slightly nutty flavor thanks to the tahini, but are completely nut free. Trust me when I say this is a cookie recipe you NEED to try!
You just can't beat a chocolate chip cookie!
This classic never gets old, especially since there are so many ways to tweak a chocolate chip cookie recipe. For instance, making them egg free and using tahini as I did in these paleo chocolate chip tahini cookies.
Tahini has a slightly bitter, nutty flavor and creamy texture. It pairs perfectly with maple syrup and dark chocolate.
Why You'll Love These Paleo Tahini Cookies
This is one of my favorite paleo chocolate chip cookie recipes - and not only because I'm a huge fan of tahini. These cookies are chewy, but have a slightly crunchy outer texture. They have a lovely balance of flavor and aren't overly sweet. In addition, they're:
- paleo friendly - made with real, whole food ingredients that are minimally processed
- vegan - these are vegan tahini cookies, meaning free from animal products
- free from common allergens - no eggs, nuts, gluten, soy or dairy
- gluten free - these tahini cookies are made with cassava flour which is naturally gluten and grain free
- easy to make - you only need 7 ingredients in these chocolate chip cassava flour cookies and the dough comes together in one bowl
These paleo chocolate chip tahini cookies are made with cassava flour and tahini - a match made in heaven! Here's a list of what you need:
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- cassava flour
- baking soda
- dark chocolate chips
It should be obvious that tahini is one of the main ingredients in these cookies, considering the name and all 😉 I don't recommend substituting this ingredient because it is best for optimal taste and texture. That being said, any drippy nut or seed butter should work as a replacement.
Maple syrup is an excellent natural sweetener and balances out the slight bitterness of the tahini. Any liquid sweetener/sugar will work in its place.
Cassava flour is what really gives these cookies the perfect texture. However, if you are looking for a substitute any gluten free flour blend should work. Just be sure to measure by weight when making this substitution. (Cassava flour is quite dense.)
To keep these tahini cookies vegan and dairy free, use dark chocolate chips or chop up a dark chocolate bar. My favorite paleo vegan chocolate chips are from Pascha Chocolate, but pick whatever variety you prefer.
How to Make Paleo Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
The process for making these paleo cassava cookies is super simple! The hardest part is waiting for the dough to chill. Because yes, to achieve optimal texture, these cookies need to be refrigerated prior to baking. But not to worry - that's a perfect time to do dishes and clean up any mess!
First, mix together the tahini, maple syrup and vanilla in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Add in remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips and mix.
After the dough is thoroughly combined, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
Next, refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
After chilling the dough, remove it from the fridge and scoop the cookies onto a baking sheet. Each cookie is about one rounded tablespoon in size, making 10 cookies. If you want a full dozen, then use slightly less dough per cookie.
Lastly, place the cookies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
After baking, cool the cookies for a couple minutes on the baking pan, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
These vegan chocolate chip tahini cookies can be kept at room temperature for a couple days or stored in the fridge or freezer.
Keep them in a sealed, air-tight container or baggie. They will last a couple days at room temperature, up to a week in the fridge and up to two months in the freezer.
More Nut Free Paleo Cookie Recipes
For more nut free, paleo cookies check out these from my site:
- Allergy Free Gingersnap Cookies
- Paleo Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies
- Tigernut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
These chocolate chip tahini cookies are made with cassava flour, have a chewy texture and slightly nutty flavor but are completely nut free! Paleo, vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine tahini, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop chilled dough (1 rounded Tbsp per cookie) onto baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to wire cooling rack.
*I highly recommend chilling the cookie dough for at least 20 minutes for best results.
Keywords: chocolate chip tahini cookies, paleo chocolate chip cookies, paleo tahini cookies, vegan tahini cookies, paleo vegan cookies, nut free chocolate chip cookies, grain free tahini cookies, gluten free tahini cookies, vegan tahini cookies