This pineapple beet smoothie is made with cooked beets and frozen pineapple. It's thick and creamy with a beautiful pink color that kids love! This smoothie recipe is dairy free and paleo friendly.
To say I love this pineapple beet smoothie is an understatement!
I mean, who wouldn't love this vibrant pink color accompanied with a bold pineapple flavor?! Even my oldest son (who claims to "hate" smoothies) loved this recipe.
This beetroot smoothie is made with wholesome ingredients and contains hidden veggies like beets and cauliflower. Which, I promise you can't taste! In addition, it's packed with protein and healthy fats from the collagen peptides and coconut milk.
It's a smoothie the whole family will love... so long as they enjoy the taste of pineapple!
Why You'll Love this Pineapple Beet Smoothie
- paleo friendly - made with real, whole food ingredients
- gluten free and dairy free
- made without banana - sweetened with pineapple, beets and a little honey
- refreshing with a bold pineapple flavor
- kid approved - all three of my kids love this beet smoothie
Here's what you need to make this pineapple beet smoothie without banana:
- frozen pineapple (fresh will work too, but give you a runnier texture)
- cauliflower (preferably steamed, then frozen)
- cooked beets (pre-cooked or steam your own in a steamer pot)
- collagen peptides (optional, but great for texture and an increase in protein)
- canned coconut milk (or any milk)
- raw honey (optional, but best for optimal flavor)
- lime juice
How to Make a Pineapple Beet Smoothie
This smoothie is so easy to make! Simply place all of the smoothie ingredients in your blender and blend. Start blending at a low speed, slowly increasing the speed until the smoothie has a thick, consistent texture.
Healthy Smoothie Toppings
This beet and pineapple smoothie is great on it's own, but toppings always make smoothies more fun! Here are some of my go-to smoothie toppings that would taste great with this recipe:
- shredded coconut
- bee pollen
- freeze dried pineapple
- chia seeds
- hemp seeds
- slivered almonds
- goji berries
- paleo granola
- fresh berries
- coconut yogurt
Place any leftover smoothie in a freezer-safe dish and store in the freezer. Let the smoothie thaw 10-20 minutes before eating.
More Ways to Use Cooked BeetsPrint
This pineapple beet smoothie is made with cooked beets and frozen pineapple (no banana). It's a great smoothie for a healthy breakfast or refreshing snack. Kid approved and paleo friendly!
- 2 cups frozen pineapple (260g)
- ½ cup cooked beets (80g)
- ½ cup cauliflower (60g) steamed, then frozen
- 3 Tbsp collagen peptides
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk (or any milk)
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- juice from ½ a lime
- Place all of the smoothie ingredients in your blender and blend. Start blending at a low speed, slowly increasing the speed until the smoothie has a thick, consistent texture.
- Pour smoothie into two glasses, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Keywords: pineapple beet smoothie, pineapple smoothie recipe, beet smoothie recipe, healthy pineapple beet smoothie, paleo pineapple beet smoothie, easy beet pineapple smoothie