These healthy paleo dinner rolls are made with almond flour, tapioca flour and yogurt. They have a chewy, doughy texture and are the perfect dinner addition or paleo Thanksgiving side dish. This bread roll recipe is paleo, gluten free, grain free and egg free.
I've been wanting to create the perfect paleo bread rolls for quite some time. And finally got around to finding the perfect ingredient combination for a doughy, chewy dinner roll that still meets my paleo baking standards.
The results: these super easy paleo dinner rolls.
These grain free dinner rolls are made with almond flour and tapioca flour, dairy free yogurt and sweetened with honey. They are completely egg free, grain free and dairy free. Furthermore, these can be paleo vegan dinner rolls if you swap the honey for maple syrup.
- paleo friendly: grain free, gluten free, dairy free, no refined sugar, no vegetable oils
- easily made vegan: swap the honey for maple syrup
- have the perfect bread roll texture: crisp on the outside with a soft, doughy center
- easy to make: only a few simple ingredients needed
- yeast free: dinner rolls without yeast
You can easily "wow" your guests with these bread rolls - no one will guess they're paleo. In fact, this recipe has become one of my husband's all time favorites! These rolls have the perfect texture and are full of flavor.
Here's what you need to make these almond flour dinner rolls
- almond flour
- tapioca flour
- baking soda
- olive oil
- garlic powder (optional)
These rolls are made with a combination of almond flour and tapioca flour, which gives them the perfect texture. Instead of using eggs in this bread roll recipe, I used dairy free yogurt (any type will work). Honey and salt are added for flavor purposes. And lastly, olive oil is used to grease the baking pan and brush the rolls. Then they're topped with garlic powder for an extra flavor punch.
How to Make Paleo Dinner Rolls From Scratch
These paleo bread rolls are super easy to make and can be ready in 30 minutes!
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
Then, make the dough by combining the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add in the yogurt and honey and mix the dough until just combined. Note: the dough will be quite wet.
Dust the dough with more tapioca flour and flour the surface you'll be working on. Pick up the dough and roll it into a big ball, then separate the ball into 12 smaller balls. Use more tapioca flour as necessary.
Grab a baking dish (I used a muffin pan) and generously grease it with olive oil. Place the rolls on the greased baking dish.
Next, brush the rolls with olive oil and sprinkle them with garlic powder.
Place the bread rolls in the oven and bake them at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. They should come out golden brown (darker on the bottom) with a cracked top.
Serve immediately or keep warm and serve at a later time.
These homemade paleo bread rolls are best stored in the fridge after a day. Place them in a sealed, air-tight container for up to one week.
When you're ready to eat them simply reheat the rolls; either in the microwave or pop them in the oven or air fryer at a low temperature to warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can these paleo dinner rolls be made nut free?
Yes! To make these nut free dinner rolls simply swap the almond flour for tigernut flour and use a nut free yogurt.
Can I use any type of yogurt?
Any type of yogurt may be used for this recipe. I have tried these rolls with Kitehill unsweetened almond milk yogurt and a plain grass fed cow's milk yogurt.
Are these vegan dinner rolls?
These dinner rolls are vegan if you swap the honey for maple syrup.
More Paleo Dinner Sides
Lookin for more easy paleo dinner side dishes? Here are some reader favorites:
- Air Fryer Sesame Green Beans
- Delicata Squash, Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- Crispy Garlic Parsnip Fries
- Rosemary & Lemon Roasted Broccoli
These healthy paleo dinner rolls are made with almond flour and sweetened with honey. They are grain free, dairy free and easily made vegan.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make the dough by combining the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add in the yogurt and honey and mix the dough until just combined. Note: the dough will be quite wet.
- Dust the dough with more tapioca flour and flour the surface you'll be working on. Pick up the dough and roll it into a big ball, then separate the ball into 12 smaller balls. Use more tapioca flour as necessary.
- Grab a baking dish (I used a muffin pan) and generously grease it with olive oil. Place the rolls on the greased baking dish.
- Brush the rolls with olive oil and sprinkle them with garlic powder.
- Place the rolls in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
Keywords: paleo dinner rolls, paleo bread rolls, almond flour dinner rolls, almond flour bread rolls, paleo vegan dinner rolls, grain free dinner roll recipe, egg free dinner rolls, paleo thanksgiving sides, healthy bread roll recipe