This healthy blueberry banana bread is made with almond flour, fresh blueberries and only sweetened with bananas. In addition, this bread is gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly. It's the perfect blueberry loaf for breakfast, brunch or snack.
This recipe for blueberry banana bread has quickly become a favorite of mine!
It's dense, but moist and flavorful. The combination of almond and tapioca flour creates the perfect texture. Think: dense but soft and squishy (not crumbly).
I love topping a slice with almond butter or toasting a piece and adding some dairy free butter and a pinch of salt.
Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread
Here's what you need to know about this paleo blueberry bread:
- gluten free and grain free: made without wheat flour
- dairy free: no butter, no milk
- oil free: the bananas create a moist texture without the need for oil
- no sugar added: only sweetened with bananas
- soft, moist and dense: not a dry loaf
- easy to make: this is a simple quick-bread recipe
So long as you enjoy blueberries in baked goods, you can't go wrong with this almond flour blueberry banana bread!
This paleo blueberry banana bread contains grain free flours, fresh blueberries, walnuts (optional), mashed banana and eggs. Here's a list of what you need to make this recipe:
- almond flour
- tapioca flour
- baking soda
- ripe bananas
- lemon juice
- fresh blueberries
- walnuts (optional)
For a nut free loaf, you may swap the almond flour for tigernut flour and omit the walnuts. Other than that, I don't recommend any ingredient substitutions. This gluten free blueberry bread has not been tested without eggs and I'm not sure how well an egg substitute would work.
How to Make Blueberry Banana Bread with Almond Flour
This blueberry banana bread recipe is easy to make and worth every minute it takes to bake.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8" x 4" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together mashed banana, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until just combine. Fold the blueberries and chopped walnuts into the batter.
Next, pour the batter into the lined baking pan. Top with additional blueberries and walnuts.
Place the blueberry loaf in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes.
After baking, cool the loaf for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer it to a wire cooling rack.
This loaf is best stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week. I don't recommend keeping it in the freezer, as the blueberries get icy.
Best Way to Store Paleo Blueberry Banana Bread
This bread needs to be kept in the fridge, or frozen for later use. Because of the moisture from the blueberries, this loaf doesn't last well at room temperature. But, stored in an air-tight container in the fridge, it will last well up to one week.
This Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread is great on it's own. It can also be enjoyed with toppings such as nut butter, cream cheese, yogurt or grass fed butter. If you need to soften the bread, microwave it (on high) for 5-10 seconds or toast it in the oven for a few minutes.
More Healthy Banana Bread Recipes
For more Paleo banana bread recipes, check these out:
This healthy blueberry banana bread is made with almond flour, fresh blueberries and sweetened with bananas (no sugar added). It's a moist, dense paleo bread that's gluten free, dairy free and delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8" x 4" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mashed banana, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until just combine.
- Fold the blueberries and chopped walnuts into the batter.
- Pour batter into the lined baking pan. Optional: add additional blueberries and walnuts to the top of the loaf.
- Place the loaf in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- After baking, cool the bread for 5 minutes in the baking pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in fridge.
Keywords: blueberry banana bread, paleo banana bread, almond flour blueberry bread, no added sugar banana bread, gluten free blueberry banana bread, lemon blueberry banana bread, healthy blueberry banana bread