This healthy strawberry banana bread recipe is made with almond flour and loaded with strawberries and bananas. It's perfect for an afternoon snack, eaten alongside breakfast or topped with some coconut cream for dessert. This easy strawberry banana bread is Paleo, gluten free, dairy free and low in added sugar.
I adore banana bread! It's my favorite type of sweet bread because I can make a healthy loaf without adding much sugar (the bananas are sweet enough).
Plus, banana bread always turns out incredibly moist and tender - just how I like my baked goods.
This paleo strawberry banana bread recipe is one for the books. It has everything you could want in a loaf of grain free banana bread - moist and soft, slightly sweet and flavorful. Plus, it's grain free, gluten free and dairy free.
I sweetened this healthy banana bread with a little honey, but you could go without and make this loaf completely free of added sugar.
This gluten free strawberry bread is made with a mixture of grain free flours, mashed banana, eggs and fresh strawberries. Here's a full list of what you need:
- Banana: ripe bananas are needed for this recipe. Any level of ripeness will work, but the ones I used were yellow with a bunch of brown spots.
- Eggs: no egg replacements have been tested, but if you try this recipe without them let me know the results in the comments.
- Honey: sweetener is optional, but I love the flavor a little honey adds to this loaf.
- Vanilla Extract: for flavor
- Almond Flour: this is an almond flour strawberry banana bread recipe but if you cannot consume nuts then tigernut flour should work as a substitution.
- Coconut Flour: needed for texture purposes.
- Tapioca Flour: needed for texture purposes.
- Baking Soda: to make the loaf rise.
- Salt: to enhance the flavor.
- Fresh Strawberries: I have not tested this recipe with frozen strawberries.
How to Make Banana Bread with Strawberries
This almond flour strawberry bread is a sweet quick bread, meaning no yeast is necessary.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8" x 4" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Make the Batter
Peel and mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl. Then, add in the eggs, honey and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
Next, add in the dry ingredients. This includes the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt. (For best results, I recommend measuring the flours by weight.) Whisk batter until smooth.
Lastly, fold the strawberries into the batter. It's best to use fresh strawberries. Wash the strawberries, pat them dry, cut off the tops and then cut them into small pieces (see photo for reference).
Pour the batter into the lined baking pan. You can add extra strawberries to the top if you wish.
Bake the Bread
Place the pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 60 - 65 minutes.
When the strawberry bread is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, remove the loaf from the baking pan and cool on a wire cooling rack to room temperature. It's best cooled completely before eating.
Like most paleo breads, this almond flour strawberry banana bread is best kept in the fridge. It's extremely moist and free of preservatives, meaning it won't last well at room temperature. Simply slice the loaf and place it in an air tight container for up to one week.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is banana bread healthy?
Some banana breads are not healthy. But good news, ALL of the banana bread recipes on my site are! What makes a banana bread healthy? Well, you have to take a look at the ingredients.
My paleo banana bread recipes are all gluten free, grain free and dairy free, making them easier on the gut and low inflammatory. Plus, they contain little to no added sugar.
When looking for a healthy banana bread recipe, pay attention to the types of flours used (regular all purpose flour is not a good option as it's highly inflammatory and wheat tends to be heavily sprayed with glyphosate in the US). Also look at the sugar content - a lot of sugar is typically not healthy, especially if the recipe uses refined sugar. Lastly, if the banana bread contains oils make sure they aren't vegetable oils (like canola oil). Vegetable oils are highly refined, inflammatory and not good for optimal health.
How do you keep banana bread moist?
The good thing about banana bread is that it's nearly always moist! Bananas add a lot of moisture to baked goods. Also, the almond flour in this recipe makes for a super moist, tender crumb so you won't have an issue with it drying out. Just keep the loaf in a sealed container in the fridge.
Does banana bread have to be refrigerated?
Yes, nearly all banana breads are best kept in the fridge. Especially if you're making a paleo banana bread.
Is there a way to make this paleo banana bread nut free?
Yes! Simply swap the almond flour for tigernut flour and this can be a nut free strawberry banana bread.
Is banana bread a quick bread?
Most banana bread recipes are quick breads, meaning they don't require any yeast. This is great because making the dough is quick and easy!
More Paleo Strawberry Recipes
Healthy strawberry banana bread made with almond flour, bananas and fresh strawberries. Paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8" x 4" baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together mashed banana, eggs, honey and vanilla.
- Add in almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Fold chopped strawberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan. Optional: top with additional strawberries.
- Place pan in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Remove loaf from oven, cool 10 minutes in the baking pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Cool to room temperature, slice and store in fridge up to one week.
Keywords: strawberry bread recipe, paleo strawberry bread, grain free strawberry banana bread, healthy banana bread, almond flour banana bread, paleo quick bread