This Paleo almond flour bread recipe is gluten free, dairy free and yeast free. It is made with grain free flours, eggs and yogurt for a soft, fluffy bread that's great any time of day. This unsweetened almond bread pairs well with sweet or savory toppings.
Everyone needs a good bread recipe right?
And not just good, but easy to make, neutral in flavor (so you can pair it with sweet or savory toppings) and healthy enough to eat any time of day.
Well my friends, THIS recipe is it! This Paleo almond flour bread recipe is perfect for any occasion, has a wonderful, soft texture, holds up well when toasted and tastes great.
Here's what you need to know about this low carb almond flour bread:
- gluten free and Paleo friendly - perfect for making paleo sandwiches
- grain free - made with almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour
- soft, fluffy and moist
- neutral in flavor - pairs well with sweet or savory toppings
- easy to make - a yeast free quick bread
- made without psyllium husk
Being how simple (and delicious) this recipe is, there's no excuse not to make it!
This gluten free bread is made without psyllium husk and requires just a few simple ingredients. Here's a list of what you need:
- blanched almond flour
- tapioca flour (or arrowroot)
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- large eggs
- almond milk yogurt (or grass fed cow's milk)
- apple cider vinegar
I've tested this loaf many times, but only using the ingredients listed. Meaning, for best results please use the recommended ingredients.
That being said, a few minor changes may be made. The tapioca flour may be substituted with arrowroot starch, as they have very similar baking properties.
In addition, grass-fed cow's milk yogurt may be used instead of almond milk yogurt. (I used Kite Hill plain, unsweetened yogurt.) Substituting with a coconut milk yogurt may work, but these yogurts are often thick so you may have to thin it out with some water.
How to Make Almond Flour Bread
To make this yeast free Paleo bread, you'll need two mixing bowls, a whisk, a parchment lined 8" x 4" baking pan and the necessary ingredients.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Next, line an 8" x 4" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and whisk until the batter reaches a smooth, consistent texture.
Pour the batter into the lined baking pan. Set the pan in the oven (middle rack) and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. When the bread is done, it should be golden brown and firm.
Lastly, remove the bread from the oven and cool in the pan 5-10 minutes. Then transfer the loaf to a cooling rack and cool to room temperature.
How to Store Almond Flour Bread
This easy almond flour bread recipe is best stored in the fridge - it won't last at room temperature for very long. Keep this loaf in an air-tight container in the fridge up to one week.
For longer storage, slice the bread and place in the freezer. Toast or broil the bread in the oven when ready to eat.
Best Way to Eat Almond Flour Bread
This almond bread can be eaten many ways. Here are some ideas:
- eat as-is: this loaf is soft and moist and tastes great on it's own
- toast a slice and top with anything sweet or savory (butter, honey, jam, almond butter, cream cheese...)
- make French toast
- toast and eat with a bowl of soup
- make paleo sandwiches
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you have gluten free bread on paleo?
Most store-bought gluten free breads are not paleo friendly. However, bread is acceptable on a paleo diet if it uses the right ingredients.
My almond flour bread recipe is paleo friendly, along with many other bread recipes on my blog.
Is Paleo bread good for you?
Paleo bread is much healthier than other breads because paleo bread uses real, whole food ingredients. Many other breads (specifically those purchased in-store) are made with refined wheat flour which is a gut irritant, gums, fillers, vegetable oils and refined sugar.
More Paleo Bread Recipes
If you like this recipe you may enjoy some of the other savory paleo bread recipes from my blog:Print
This Paleo almond flour bread recipe is soft, moist and easy to make. It can be sliced thin and pairs well with sweet or savory toppings.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8" x 4" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. This includes the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. This includes the eggs, yogurt, apple cider vinegar and water. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan. Place in the preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool 5-10 minutes in the baking pan, then remove the loaf and cool on a wire cooling rack to room temperature.
- Best stored in an air-tight contain in the fridge, up to one week.
*If you don't need this recipe to be dairy free, then a grass-fed cow's milk yogurt will work too.
Keywords: paleo bread recipe, almond flour bread, grain free bread, low carb bread, oil free, yeast free bread