This Paleo almond flour bread recipe is gluten free, dairy free and yeast free. It is made with grain free flours, eggs and yogurt for a soft, fluffy bread that's great any time of day. This unsweetened loaf pairs well with sweet or savory toppings.
Everyone needs a good bread recipe right? And not just good, but easy to make, neutral in flavor (so you can pair it with sweet or savory toppings) and healthy enough to eat any time of day.
Well my friends, THIS recipe is it! This Paleo almond flour bread is perfect for any occasion, has a wonderful, soft texture, holds up well when toasted and tastes great.
This low carb almond flour bread is:
- gluten free and Paleo friendly
- grain free (made with almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour)
- soft, fluffy and moist
- neutral in flavor (pairs well with sweet or savory toppings)
- easy to make (a yeast free quick bread)
- made without psyllium husk
Ingredients in Paleo Almond Flour Bread
Here's what you need:
- blanched almond flour
- tapioca flour (or arrowroot)
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- large eggs
- almond milk yogurt (or cow's milk)
- apple cider vinegar
This healthy almond flour bread recipe has been tested many times, but only using the ingredients listed. Meaning, for best results please use the listed ingredients.
That being said, a few minor changes to the ingredients I used will give you similar results. You may substitute arrowroot starch/flour for the tapioca flour.
A grass-fed cow's milk yogurt may be used in place of the almond milk yogurt. I used Kite Hill plain, unsweetened yogurt. Substituting with a coconut milk yogurt may work, but coconut milk yogurt is often very thick, so you may have to thin it out with some water.
How to Make Almond Flour Bread
To make this yeast free Paleo bread, you'll need two mixing bowls, a whisk, a parchment lined 8" x 4" baking pan and the necessary ingredients.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Next, line an 8" x 4" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Then, combine the wet into the dry, whisking until the batter reaches a smooth, consisted texture.
Pour the batter into the lined baking pan. Set the pan in the oven (middle rack) and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. When the bread is done, it should be golden brown and firm.
Lastly, remove the bread from the oven and cool in the pan 5-10 minutes. Then transfer the loaf to a cooling rack and cool to room temperature.
How to Store Almond Flour Bread
This easy almond flour bread recipe is best stored in the fridge - it won't last at room temperature for very long. Keep this loaf in an air-tight container in the fridge up to one week.
The bread can be sliced and frozen for longer storage and then toasted or broiled in the oven when ready to eat.
Best Way to Eat Almond Flour Bread
This Paleo loaf is soft and moist, so slicing it and then toasting it or broiling it in the oven is best for making sandwiches. My family and I also enjoy this bread fresh out of the oven and topped with homemade jam, nut butter or grass-fed butter.
More Paleo Bread Recipes
If you like this recipe you may enjoy some of the other Paleo bread recipes from my blog:
This Paleo almond flour bread recipe is soft, moist and easy to make. It can be sliced thin and pairs well with sweet or savory toppings.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8" x 4" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. This includes the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. This includes the eggs, yogurt, apple cider vinegar and water.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan. Place in the preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool 5-10 minutes in the baking pan, then remove the loaf and cool on a wire cooling rack to room temperature.
- Best stored in an air-tight contain in the fridge, up to one week.
*If you don't need this recipe to be dairy free, then a grass-fed cow's milk yogurt will work too.
Keywords: paleo bread recipe, almond flour bread, grain free bread, low carb bread, oil free, yeast free bread