These air fryer parsnip fries are a great lunch or dinner side dish. This crispy parsnip recipe is cooked in the air fryer, flavorful and super easy to make. Furthermore, they're Paleo, Vegan and Whole30 approved!
Every now and then I buy a couple parsnips and wonder why they aren't a staple on my grocery list! I just never think to buy them.
My favorite way to eat parsnips is in the form of veggie fries. I slice the parsnips into fry shapes, coat them in a bit of oil and smother them in spices and herbs. And an even bigger plus is that my kids are fond of them as well!
This healthy parsnip recipe is one of my new go-to's. They're coated in a little avocado oil (I love using this oil for cooking since it's high heat resistant), dusted in a mixture of spices and cooked until crisp in the air fryer.
Furthermore, this easy parsnip recipe is:
- Allergy friendly
This air fryer parsnip recipe only requires 3 ingredients, but I added a bit more seasoning to give this recipe a bold flavor. Really, you can mix and match any spices/herbs to your liking, but here's what I used:
- avocado oil
- turmeric (optional)
- garlic powder (optional)
- paprika (optional)
In addition, I garnished these parsnip fries with flaked sea salt and chopped parsley. Optional, but adds just a little extra flavor and looks nice if you're serving to guests.
How to Make Parsnip Fries in the Air Fryer
The instructions for this recipe are made for the Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer (which is what I own), but any air fryer will work.
To make these air fryer parsnip fries, first prep the parsnips. Rinse, peel and cut the parsnips into fry shapes.
Next, place the parsnip fries in a large mixing bowl and coat them with avocado oil. Sprinkle on the seasoning and mix them until well coated.
Spread the parsnips out on the wire air frying basket.
Place the fries in the upper rack of the air fryer. Plug in the air fryer, turn the function to "air fry", the heat to 400 degrees and set the cooking time. Depending on how thick you cut the fries, they will need to cook for 10-15 minutes.
After cooking, plate the fries, add a little flaked salt and parsley and serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
More Paleo Air Fryer Recipes
These healthy parsnip fries are made in the air fryer, crisp, simple and flavorful!
- 1 large parsnip (or 2 small)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- ½ tsp garlic granules (optional)
- ¼ paprika (optional)
- Rinse, peel and cut parsnip into fry shapes.
- Place parsnip fries in a large bowl and coat with avocado oil.
- In a small dish, mix all the spices together (salt, turmeric, garlic and paprika). Sprinkle the spices over the fries and mix until well coated.
- Spread the fries out on the wire air frying rack.
- Place the rack on the top level of the air fryer. Plug in the air fryer, turn the function to "air fry", the temperature to 400 degrees and set the timer. Cooking time will range from 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fries.
- Remove from air fryer, plate and garnish with flaked salt and chopped parsley (optional).
The instructions for this recipe are made using the Cuisinart Toaster Oven Air Fryer.
Keywords: parsnip fries, air fryer, paleo parsnip fries, no added sugar, whole30 recipes, vegan side dish, root vegetable fries, Cuisinart air fryer