This Paleo sesame chicken recipe is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or meal prep option. It's made with organic chicken thighs that are cooked on the stove top and covered in a soy-free, grain-free sauce.
I'm very excited to share this easy sesame chicken recipe! See, I've been trying really hard to get more creative with my savory cooking; try out new flavors and ingredients and create Paleo versions of classic dishes. Which, believe it or not, is something new to me!
Needless to say, I think my family approves 😉 They love my Paleo orange chicken recipe, which has become a monthly staple.
This sesame chicken is another top-notch Whole30 chicken recipe that my family cannot get enough of. The only complaint I received was that the sauce was too spicy; which is easily modified by omitting the red pepper flakes!
Ingredients in Sesame Chicken
My healthy sesame chicken recipe is made with chicken thighs, but chicken breasts would work as well.
The thighs are cubed and cooked until browned in a little avocado oil. Then they're drenched in a sauce made from coconut aminos (no soy sauce), fish sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes (optional), granulated garlic and tapioca flour (for thickening).
Once the sauce has thickened, the chicken is finished off with sesame seeds and chives. And that's it!
All of the ingredients are Paleo, gluten free and whole30 approved!
How to Make Sesame Chicken
This healthy sesame chicken stir fry is cooked on a frying pan.
First, cut the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces.
Preheat a large frying pan on medium-high heat and add the avocado oil. Add the chicken and cook on the frying pan until browned (took me about 15 minutes).
While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk until the tapioca flour has dissolved.
Once the chicken is cooked through and browned, turn the heat to medium-low and add the sauce. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
Add the sesame seeds and mix until well coated. Serve immediately and garnish with chives.
What to Eat with Sesame Chicken
More Paleo Chicken RecipesPrint
Healthy, Paleo sesame chicken made with organic chicken thighs and coated in a dairy-free, soy-free sauce.
- Cut chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces.
- Drizzle avocado oil on a large skillet and preheat on medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken on the skillet and cook on medium-high heat until browned and cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. Combine the coconut aminos, fish sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, garlic and tapioca flour in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until tapioca flour has fully dissolved.
- Once the chicken is done, turn the heat down to medium-low. Pour the sauce over the chicken and continue cooking on medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and mix in sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chopped chives.
Keywords: sesame chicken, paleo chicken recipes, whole30 sesame chicken, soy free, dairy free, nut free, healthy dinner ideas, dinner recipes, no added sugar