These miniature coconut pancakes are a delicious egg free Paleo breakfast option. They are low carb, Paleo, plant based, dairy free and naturally gluten free since they’re made with coconut flour! Truly, no better way to enjoy breakfast than with these moist Egg Free Coconut Pancakes.
My family is BIG on pancakes. My boys especially!
Since I’m not currently eating eggs, I thought I’d mix up our breakfast with these egg free coconut flour pancakes. That way, I can still indulge in a fancy (yet simple) weekend breakfast but stick to my egg-less diet.
These healthy coconut pancakes are:
- plant based
- made with coconut flour
- dairy free
- nut free
- gluten and grain free
- lightly sweetened
They’re the perfect pancake to enjoy when you want something filling, slightly sweet and delicious! Especially when topped with berries and dairy free yogurt.
Ingredients in Coconut Pancakes
These pancakes use just a few simple Paleo pantry staples. Here’s what you need:
- ground flax
- coconut flour
- tapioca flour
- baking soda
- avocado oil
- honey or maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- water or plant based milk
Ground flax is used instead of eggs. When combined with water, flax makes a gel-like substance that helps bind the pancakes together.
The combination of coconut flour and (just a bit) of tapioca flour is needed to achieve the right pancake texture. These pancakes are soft, moist and tender!
Avocado oil is a great healthy fat that doesn’t have much flavor – perfect for using in pancake recipes. However, you may substitute with any oil.
More Egg Free Paleo Pancake Recipes
For more Paleo pancake recipes made without eggs, check these out:
Coconut flour pancakes made without eggs for a healthy, plant based Paleo breakfast option.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine 2 Tbsp ground flax with 6 Tbsp water. Stir then set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add remaining ingredients to flax mixture, stir well.
- Grease frying pan with oil and set temperature to medium-low heat.
- Once pan is hot, add 1 heaping Tbsp batter per pancake to pan. (You can cook 3-4 pancakes at a time). Flatten batter using a spatula.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat until bottom is brown and firm. Flip and cook other side until done*
*cooking time takes longer than “normal” pancakes (i.e. pancakes made with eggs)
Keywords: pancakes, coconut, egg free, nut free, breakfast, Paleo, Vegan