This Grain Free Almond Flour Pizza Crust is simple, delicious and super easy to make. It only requires 3 ingredients (plus seasonings), can be thrown together in minutes and holds up well. This healthy pizza crust recipe is Paleo, Vegan, yeast free, egg free, dairy free and grain free.
I've been testing various pizza crust recipes on my family for years. But it wasn't until recently that I decided to get serious about creating a gluten free, dairy free pizza crust for the blog.
Honestly, I'm not the biggest pizza person. I know, I know...it's basically a crime not to love pizza! But I'm pretty sure my lack of pizza love is made up for ten fold by my husband.
Anyway, this almond flour pizza crust recipe definitely won me and my family over. They all said it's the best pizza crust!
Here are some reasons why I love this 3 ingredient pizza dough:
- made with a few basic ingredients
- Paleo + Vegan
- yeast free
- no added sugar
- super easy to make
- the dough rolls out easily
These are all things I consider a "must" when I'm making pizza and don't want to spend hours in the kitchen. And of course, the taste needs to be amazing as well. So yes, this Vegan pizza crust isn't only easy to make but tastes great too.
Ingredients in Grain Free Almond Flour Pizza Crust
Here's what you need to make this Paleo pizza crust:
- blanched almond flour
- arrowroot starch or tapioca flour
- baking soda
- dried oregano
- dried thyme
- garlic powder
- Himalayan pink salt
- unsweetened almond milk yogurt
The three main ingredients are: almond flour, arrowroot starch and yogurt. These three ingredients are a must, and all the rest are highly recommended for optimal taste/texture.
The arrowroot starch may be substituted with tapioca flour, but no other replacements are recommended.
As far as yogurt goes, I used Kitehill unsweetened almond milk yogurt. If you can tolerate dairy, then a grassfed/pastured yogurt would work too.
How to Make Almond Flour Pizza Crust
The process is simple.
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. This includes: almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda, spices and salt. Whisk the dry ingredients until they are well mixed.
Next, add in the yogurt. Use a spatula to stir the dough until it is in large clumps. Then, knead the dough with your hands.
Form the dough into a ball and dust with more arrowroot. Press the ball of dough onto a sheet of parchment paper. Add another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough and use a rolling pan to roll the dough into a large circle/oval. The crust will be about ¼ inch thick.
Once rolled out, add Paleo pizza sauce and toppings.
I made my own pizza sauce by combining organic tomato paste, olive oil, garlic powder and salt. But, you may use whatever sauce you like.
There are so many Paleo pizza toppings. I added spinach, pre-cooked bacon, salami, tomatoes and leek. Other toppings that I often use include: bell peppers, onion, olives, ground sausage, sliced cabbage and avocado.
After topping your pizza, transfer it to a baking sheet (on the parchment paper) and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Once done, the crust should be crisp on the bottom, but soft on top. The crust cuts easily and holds together well - which is super important when you like to add lots of toppings 😉
After baking, cut and serve! Store any leftovers in a sealed air-tight container in the fridge.
More Paleo Dinner Ideas
For more easy Paleo dinner recipes, check these out:
- Honey & Basil Flax Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Green Apple & Thyme Burgers
- Black Sesame & Carrot Meatballs
This Grain Free Almond Flour Pizza Crust is Paleo and Vegan friendly. It has 3 main ingredients, is quick and easy to make and tastes great!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. This includes: almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda, oregano, thyme, garlic powder and salt.
- Add in the yogurt and mix with a spatula until the dough forms clumps. Then, mix the dough with your hands.
- Roll the dough into a ball, sprinkle with additional arrowroot starch and flatten on a sheet of parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper over the dough and use a rolling pin to roll the pizza dough between the 2 sheets of parchment. The crust should be about ¼" thick.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper from the crust and add desired toppings.
- Transfer the dough (on the bottom sheet of parchment) to a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
See blog post for step by step photos on how to make the crust.
*can substitute with tapioca starch
**can substituted with a grass-fed/pastured cow's milk yogurt
Keywords: paleo pizza crust, vegan pizza crust, egg free, yeast free, pizza, almond flour, no added sugar, 3 ingredient, lunch, dinner