These homemade hemp protein bars are paleo, vegan and low carb. They're made with Evo hemp protein powder, almond butter and pumpkin puree and have a deliciously chewy texture. This protein bar recipe is great for snacking, breakfast on the go, or packed in lunches.
I've always been a fan of using protein powder in my recipes. While I love pea protein, hemp protein powder has become a new favorite of mine.
Hemp Protein Benefits
Hemp protein is great because it is a complete protein with 20 amino acids, has a 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fats, is a good source of fiber and contains important minerals like iron and magnesium.
Furthermore, hemp plants use very little water and don't need any chemical pesticides or fertilizers to grow. Meaning, they are one of the most sustainable crops!
Evo Hemp Protein
These simple hemp protein bars are made with Evo hemp protein powder. I love this brand because they use regenerative farming practices, don't spray their hemp with chemical pesticides or fertilizers and all of their products are gluten free and NON-GMO.
Evo hemp carries a wide variety of hemp and CBD products. This includes hemp hearts, hemp protein, protein bars, CBD supplements and hempseed oil.
If you're interested in making a purchase, you can use my Evo Hemp discount code "bakeitpaleo" to save 20%.
But back to these paleo hemp protein bars.
They have a soft, chewy texture. They're great eaten straight from the fridge or freezer and are quite portable. So, packing in lunches or as an on-the-go snack is a great option.
Hemp Protein Bar Highlights
- paleo and vegan
- low carb
- gluten free and dairy free
- easy to make
These vegan hemp protein bars are made with a few simple ingredients. Here's a list of what you need:
- cacao butter (or coconut butter)
- almond butter
- pumpkin puree
- vanilla extract
- hemp protein powder
- sweetener or sugar (I used monk fruit sweetener)
- cinnamon (optional)
- dark chocolate (I used 100% dark mini chocolate chips)
How to Make Hemp Protein Bars
These hemp protein bars are super simple and easy to make.
First, melt the cacao butter (or coconut butter if you choose to use that) in a small sauce pan. Once melted, add in the almond butter, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
Next, add in the hemp protein, sweetener/sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well combined.
Lastly, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
Scoop the batter into a lined loaf pan (I lined mine with foil but parchment will work too). Press it down to a smooth, even layer, then pop the protein bars in the fridge or freezer to set.
Once set, remove the bars and cut them to desired size.
Since these hemp protein powder bars are preservative free, they are best kept in the fridge or freezer. They will soften, but remain solid at room temperature.
Store them in an air tight container or baggie for up to one week in the fridge or one month in the freezer.
More Protein Bar RecipesPrint
Hemp Protein Bars (Paleo, Vegan)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 protein bars 1x
These homemade hemp protein bars are paleo, vegan and low carb. They have a deliciously smooth, soft texture and are great for snacking.
- 2 Tbsp cacao butter (or coconut butter)
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup hemp protein, packed (54g)
- 3 Tbsp golden monk fruit sweetener (or any granulated sweetener/sugar)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Melt the cacao butter in a small sauce pan, over the stove top. Once melted, add in the almond butter, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add in the hemp protein, monk fruit sweetener, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into a lined loaf pan (I lined mine with foil but parchment will work too). Press it down to a smooth.
- Place the protein bars in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Once set, remove the bars and cut them to desired size.
Keywords: hemp protein powder, hemp protein bars, hemp protein recipes, evo hemp protein, paleo protein bars, vegan protein bar, paleo vegan recipes, low carb snacks
My family and I love these hemp protein bars. Hope you all do too!