This healthy Mediterranean Kale Salad recipe is made with shredded kale, fresh vegetables and homemade vinaigrette. This easy kale salad recipe is paleo, vegan and whole30 approved.
The warmer weather has got me in the mood for salads!
Anything with lettuce, cabbage or kale, a bunch of crunchy, fresh vegetables and a homemade salad dressing is what I've been craving.
This vegan Mediterranean kale salad is full of flavor, crisp, crunchy and savory. It consists of a bed of massaged kale topped with veggies like cucumber and pepper, Kalamata olives, pumpkin seeds and a homemade vinaigrette.
- paleo, vegan and whole30 approved
- gluten free and grain free
- dairy free - but if you tolerate dairy, feel free to add some feta cheese!
- crisp and crunchy
- healthy - no added sugar or refined oils
Here's a list of what you need to make this Mediterranean chopped salad.
For the Salad
- red pepper
- Kalamata olives
- red onion
- pumpkin seeds
For the homemade vinaigrette
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- granulated garlic
- dried basil
- dried thyme
How to Make a Mediterranean Kale Salad
This whole30 Mediterranean salad recipe is super easy to make.
First, prepare the vegetables. This includes rinsing the kale, patting it dry and then removing the leaves from the stem. Either shred the kale with your hands or use a sharp knife to cut it into bite-sized pieces.
Rinse and dry the cucumber, pepper and parsley. Chop them into bite-sized pieces.
Remove the outer papery skin of the onion and finely chop.
Slice the Kalamata olives in halves or thirds.
Next, massage the kale in olive oil. To do this, drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over the shredded kale. Using your hands, rub the oil onto the kale using pinching and squeezing movements. Do this for about 2 minutes. The kale will have softened and have a nice glean to it.
Place the kale into a large mixing or serving bowl. Top with the chopped vegetables, olives and pumpkin seeds.
Next, make the dressing.
Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.
Spoon the dressing onto the salad, using as much as desired. (You may not want to use all of the dressing.)
This chopped kale salad needs to be stored in the fridge. It is best eaten within 3-4 days. You may make it ahead of time and add the dressing right before serving.
More Easy Salad RecipesPrint
Mediterranean Kale Salad (Paleo, Vegan)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: serves 4-6 1x
This healthy Mediterranean kale salad is paleo, vegan and whole30 approved. It is fresh, tasty and great topped with my homemade vinaigrette.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (to massage kale)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ⅓ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
- Make the salad: rinse the kale, pat it dry and then remove the leaves from the stem. Either shred the kale with your hands or use a sharp knife to cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Massage the kale in olive oil. To do this, drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over the shredded kale. Using your hands, rub the oil onto the kale using pinching and squeezing movements. Do this for about 2 minutes. The kale will have softened and have a nice glean to it.
- Place the kale into a large mixing or serving bowl. Top with chopped vegetables, sliced olive and pumpkin seeds.
- Make the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in a small dish. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over salad.
Serves 4-6 as a side salad
Keywords: kale salad, paleo kale salad, massaged kale salad, Mediterranean kale salad, whole30 kale salad recipe, vegan Mediterranean kale salad
This is my favorite Mediterranean salad recipe! Hope you all love it.