This Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is moist, dense and loaded with chunks of dark chocolate. My healthy pumpkin bread recipe is made with almond flour, pumpkin puree and sweetened with maple syrup. This loaf is a total crowd pleaser and kid favorite!
You can't go wrong with a freshly baked, moist loaf of pumpkin bread! Even if you aren't the biggest fan of pumpkin, this Paleo chocolate chip pumpkin bread will be sure to please your taste buds.
This healthy Paleo bread is:
- grain free - made with a mixture of almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour
- dairy free - no milk, no butter, no cream
- moist and soft - a special thanks to the pumpkin puree
- refined sugar free - sweetened with maple syrup
Grain free pumpkin bread like this is one of my favorite fall inspired breakfast sides. My family often enjoys a slice paired with fried eggs or bacon and a side of sautéed veggies. It's also great for an afternoon snack or healthy dessert - really any time of day!
Ingredients in Paleo Pumpkin Bread
Here's a list of what you need:
- blanched almond flour
- tapioca flour (or arrowroot starch)
- coconut flour
- pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- baking soda
- eggs (no egg substitutes have been tested)
- pumpkin puree
- maple syrup (or favorite liquid sweetener)
- apple cider vinegar (helps with the rise)
- vanilla extract
- dark chocolate chips (or a chocolate bar)
The main flour in this Paleo pumpkin bread recipe is almond flour. I make a lot of nut-free Paleo recipes, but wanted to use almond flour for this particular one. It gives this loaf extra sweetness and a moist texture.
In addition to the almond flour, this pumpkin loaf uses tapioca flour and coconut flour. Although not low carb, a starch like tapioca is necessary for this recipe. Arrowroot starch would be a great alternative if you can't find tapioca flour.
Maple syrup is used as a sweetener. For a low carb/low sugar option, swap real maple syrup for any liquid sweetener.
I have not tested this almond flour pumpkin bread without eggs. If you decide to use an egg substitute I'd love to know the results - leave a comment below 🙂
How to Make Paleo Pumpkin Bread
This pumpkin bread recipe made in two bowls and baked in a lined 8" x 4" baking pan. Here's what you need to do:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Make the Batter
Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips). This includes the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. This includes the eggs, pumpkin, maple syrup, water, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
Then, fold the chocolate chips into the batter. I chopped up the chocolate chips with a large knife, but leaving them whole works as well.
Pour the batter into a parchment-lined 8" x 4" loaf pan. Then, sprinkle the top of the batter with additional chocolate chips (optional).
Bake the Bread
Next, place the pan in your preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Cool the Bread
After baking, remove the loaf from the oven and cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then remove the loaf and cool it on a wire cooling rack.
How to Store Pumpkin Bread
This pumpkin chocolate chip bread is best stored in the fridge. Because of how moist the loaf is, it won't last at room temperature for long. You can also freeze the loaf for longer storage. However, if you do this, I recommend slicing the bread first.
Keep the loaf in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week, or the freezer for up to one month.
More Paleo Pumpkin Recipes
For more Paleo recipes using pumpkin, check out these from my site:
Moist Paleo pumpkin chocolate chip bread made with almond flour, sweetened with maple syrup and studded with dark chocolate.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (160g) sift, spoon & level
- ½ cup tapioca flour (60g)
- ¼ cup coconut flour (30g) sift, spoon & level
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips, chopped (plus more for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips). This includes the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. This includes the eggs, pumpkin, maple syrup, water, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a parchment-lined 8" x 4" baking pan.
- Place pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Best stored in fridge.
For best results, measure ingredients by weight (when given).
Keywords: pumpkin bread, paleo bread, almond flour bread, pumpkin chocolate chip bread, breakfast, snack, fall recipes