These paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy and secretly healthy. In addition, this eggless pumpkin cookie recipe is gluten free, vegan and low carb!
Everyone loves a chocolate chip cookie. So, it just seems natural to make a fall flavored version. Insert: paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!
These egg free paleo cookies are everything that you could want in a soft, chewy cookie. And try them frozen - they're best straight out of the freezer.
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- gluten free & grain free - made with almond butter and almond flour
- no eggs - this is an eggless pumpkin cookie recipe
- dairy free - no butter or oil
- paleo and vegan friendly
- soft & chewy, not cakey
- easy to make
- freeze well
This recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies is soft, but holds together well. And freezing them? Oh my! They taste even better frozen (IMO).
Double the batch, eat half right out of the oven and freeze the rest. Then, you're all set for a week's worth of pumpkin flavored dessert.
Here's what you need to make these paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookies:
- canned pumpkin (I used Farmers Market Pumpkin)
- almond butter (I used unsalted, no added sugar)
- coconut sugar (monk fruit sweetener for keto)
- vanilla extract
- blanched almond flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
- chocolate chips (I used mini)
No ingredient substitutions have been tested, so I don't have many recommendations to make.
However, for a low carb pumpkin cookie, feel free to substitute the coconut sugar for monk fruit sweetener.
If you need this recipe to be nut free, subbing the almond flour for tigernut flour and the almond butter for sunflower seed butter should produce similar results. But please note, I have not tried these substitutions myself.
How to Make Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
The hardest part about making these cookies is waiting for the dough to chill. I know, I know...chilling cookie dough is a pain. But, it makes a huge difference in the way the cookies bake.
Here's what you need to do:
Make the Dough
First, combine pumpkin puree, almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Next, add in the remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips. Mix until the dough is well combined, then fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
Chill the Dough
Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes. Chilling longer is fine too.
After about 20 minutes, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Once the 30 minutes of chilling is up and your oven is preheated, remove the dough from the fridge.
Using a small cookie scoop (about 1 rounded tablespoon per cookie), scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet. This recipe makes 18 cookies, so you may want to bake them in two batches.
Bake the Cookies
Lastly, place the cookies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes.
Remove them from the oven, cool for 5 minutes on the pan (so they can further set), then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
These low carb paleo pumpkin cookies are quite moist, so must be stored in the fridge or freezer.
I prefer them right out of the oven, or straight from the freezer. Seriously, their texture right out of the freezer is SO good!
More Paleo Pumpkin Recipes
Paleo and Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies that are soft, chewy, low carb and easy to make.
- Combine pumpkin puree, almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips. Mix until the dough is well combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove dough from fridge. Using a small cookie scoop (about 1 rounded tablespoon per cookie), scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Place the cookies in the preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven, cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Best stored in freezer*
*These cookies may be stored in the fridge or freezer, but I prefer eating them straight from the freezer.
Keywords: paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, paleo pumpkin cookies, egg free pumpkin cookies, eggless pumpkin cookies, egg free paleo cookie recipe, almond butter pumpkin cookies