This Paleo taco salad recipe is made with fresh lettuce, ground beef, veggies and perfect alongside a serving of grain free chips. This easy taco bowl is great for a quick lunch or dinner and can easily be prepped ahead of time.
Sharing another easy salad recipe today! Because, like I mentioned before, salads have been a long time love of mine, but I've been slacking about getting recipes on the blog.
This taco salad recipe is
- Paleo and Whole30
- Easy to make and can be prepped ahead of time
- Customizable - add or subtract toppings as desired
- Less than 10 ingredients (did I mention easy?!)
My kids even love recipes like this because they can select toppings to their choosing. For instance, omitting the onion and adding some extra ground beef and avocado.
This Paleo salad with ground beef is often on rotation at our house, as it makes a frequent dinner appearance. Sometimes we even make this salad into tacos by stuffing the toppings into a grain free taco shell. Easy, satisfying and a family favorite!
Ingredients in a Paleo Taco Salad
Here's a list of what you need to make this Whole30 taco bowl:
- ground beef (preferably grass fed and finished)
- Paleo taco seasoning + salt (if needed)
- baby romaine lettuce (or your favorite lettuce)
- green cabbage
- red onion
- red pepper
- organic salsa
- grain free chips (omit for whole30 and keto)
How to Make a Taco Salad
Every part of this healthy taco salad can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you're ready to eat. Here's how to make it.
Cook the Ground Beef
First, cook the ground beef. Place the beef on a frying pan and cook over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break the hunk of beef apart into small pieces.
Once fully cooked, add the desired amount of Paleo taco seasoning and salt to taste.
Prepare the Vegetables
While the beef is cooking, you can prep the vegetables. Rinse, peel and chop as needed.
Make the Salad
Lastly, once everything is ready, make the salad. Start with a bed of shredded baby romaine lettuce and add any/all desired toppings. I like to use the salsa as a salad dressing when I'm making taco salads, but you can add extra dressing if you wish.
More Paleo Salad Recipes
Looking for more easy Paleo salad ideas? Here are some from the blog:Print
This healthy taco salad recipe is made with fresh lettuce, grass fed ground beef, organic vegetables and perfect alongside a serving of grain free chips.
- Cook the Beef: remove the ground beef from its packaging and cook on the stove top, over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break apart the hunk of beef into little pieces. Once cooked, add the taco seasoning and salt.
- Prepare the Vegetables: rinse, peel and cut as needed.
- Bring it all Together: start with a bed of shredded lettuce and add desired toppings. Use the salsa as a dressing, or drizzle with your favorite Paleo dressing. Serve alongside a serving of grain free chips.
If prepping ahead of time, cook the ground beef and store in a sealed glass container, separate from the vegetables. The veggies can all be prepared and kept in the fridge until you're ready to eat.