These paleo tigernut flour brownies are fudgy and delicious! They're made with tigernut flour and completely nut free, gluten free and dairy free.
I love a good brownie and these tigernut flour brownies are GOOD!
Fudgy and moist, rich and tender but also healthy (well, for a brownie at least).
These tigernut brownies are made with tigernut flour; which is made from finely ground, peeled tigernuts. Tigernuts are not actually nuts, but small root vegetables. They are naturally sweet and nutty in flavor - perfect for baking!
This healthy brownie recipe is paleo friendly, gluten free, dairy free and nut free. It is definitely up there on my list of favorite brownie recipes.
Why You'll Love these Tigernut Flour Brownies
- paleo friendly - made with real, wholesome ingredients
- gluten free and grain free - made with tigernut flour
- dairy free - no butter, no milk
- fudgy - because we all know fudgy brownies are the best
- nut free - great for anyone with nut allergies or sensitivities
Only 7 ingredients are required to make these paleo tigernut flour brownies! Here's a list of what you'll need:
How to Make Tigernut Flour Brownies
This is a one-bowl paleo brownie recipe - super easy to make! Here are the steps:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8" x 8" baking pan with parchment paper.
Next, melt the dark chocolate. I placed my dark chocolate in a small sauce pan and melted it on the stove top, over low heat. If using this method, be sure to stir the chocolate constantly, making sure it doesn't burn. Another option is to melt your chocolate in the microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring each time.
Set aside the melted chocolate and grab a medium-sized mixing bowl. Combine the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla. Then, whisk in the eggs until just combined (try not to over-mix).
Add in the tigernut flour and salt and whisk until just combined.
Lastly, pour the melted chocolate into the mixture. Stir with a spatula.
Pour the batter into the lined baking pan. Place the pan in the oven (middle rack) and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
After baking, remove the pan from the oven and cool the brownies to room temperature in the baking dish.
Once fully cooled, cut the brownies to desired size and serve!
You may also top them with melted chocolate (like I did) or your favorite frosting.
These brownies are best stored in the fridge up to one week. They will last a room temperature for a few days if necessary.
For longer storage, place the brownies in an air-tight container or baggie in the freezer. Consume within one month for best flavor and texture.
More Recipes Using Tigernut Flour
- Tigernut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Tigernut Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Tigernut Flour Bread
- Homemade Twix Candy Bars
These paleo tigernut flour brownies are fudgy and moist. They are made with tigernut flour and completely gluten free, dairy free and nut free.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8" x 8" glass baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt dark chocolate. Place the chocolate in a small sauce pan and melt on the stove top, over low heat. Stir constantly so that the chocolate does not burn. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add in eggs, whisk until just combined (try not to over-mix).
- Add in the tigernut flour and salt. Whisk until just combined.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the batter. Mix with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan.
- Place brownies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- After baking, remove brownies from oven and cool to room temperature in the baking dish.
*Tigernut flour has a tendency to clump. I recommend sifting the tigernut flour and measuring by weight for best results.
Keywords: tigernut flour brownies, paleo tigernut flour brownies, nut free paleo brownies, fudgy tigernut brownies, paleo brownies, gluten free brownies