These almond butter chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make, and no one will ever guess they're gluten free and paleo friendly. This healthy cookie recipe uses almond butter rather than flour and is sweetened with coconut sugar. They're chewy, delicious and store well in the freezer.
There's something about the smell of freshly baked cookies that will bring anyone into the kitchen. It's such a nostalgic smell that brings back happy memories for most people. Isn't that why some realtors bake a batch of cookies before an open house??
I mean, who could resist a freshly baked plate full of cookies; slightly crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside and packed full of melted chocolate chips?!
These almond butter chocolate chip cookies are everything you could want in a chocolate chip cookie.
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
You'll love these cookies because they're:
- made with simple ingredients: only 6 ingredients needed
- gluten free and grain free: these are flourless chocolate chip cookies
- dairy free: no butter or milk
- paleo and keto friendly: made with low carb, real food ingredients
This recipe for almond butter chocolate chip cookies requires just 6 simple ingredients. Here's a list of what you need:
- 1 large egg
- almond butter (I used no-stir, unsalted, unsweetened)
- coconut sugar (or monk fruit sweetener for keto)
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- dark chocolate (chocolate chips or chopped chocolate)
- flaked sea salt (optional)
The flaked sea salt on top is optional, but recommended. It adds an extra pop of flavor (and looks pretty).
How to Make Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Did I mention how easy these healthy almond butter cookies are to make? The dough is mixed in one bowl and then baked in the oven for just 10 minutes. So simple!
Here's the step by step process:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Crack the egg in a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk with a fork. Add in the almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Then add in baking soda. After the batter is thoroughly mixed, fold the chocolate into the batter.
Use a small cookie scoop (one rounded tablespoon per cookie) to scoop the dough onto a baking sheet. I suggest a cookie scoop as supposed to a spoon since the batter is soft and oily. Each cookie is about one rounded tablespoon in size, making 10-12 cookies.
Place the cookies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
After baking, add a pinch of flaked salt on top of the cookies. Cool them on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
How to Store Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies can be stored at room temperature for a couple days or in the fridge or freezer. I actually prefer them stored in the freezer. They defrost quickly and keep their chewy texture.
More Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
For more Paleo chocolate chip cookie recipes, check these out:
- Tigernut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vanilla Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
These easy almond butter chocolate chip cookies are gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly. Made with almond butter, sweetened with coconut sugar and loaded with dark chocolate chunks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk egg with a fork.
- Mix in almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Mix in baking soda.
- Fold chocolate into the dough.
- Use a small cookie scoop (about 1 rounded tablespoon per cookie) to scoop the dough onto a baking sheet**
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle flaked salt on cookies.
- Cool a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Keywords: chocolate chip almond butter cookies, almond butter cookie recipe, paleo chocolate chip cookies, paleo almond butter cookies, gluten free almond butter cookies