These miniature tahini banana muffins are made with tahini, grain free flours and only sweetened with bananas. Furthermore, this healthy muffin recipe is paleo, vegan and free of the top 8 allergens. Great for breakfast, an on-the-go snack and loved by kids and toddlers.
I used to be hesitant to put banana bread and muffin recipes on my blog. Because, as we all know, the internet is saturated with them.
There probably isn't one blogger without a banana recipe of some sort. However, despite all this, I've found that it's still possible to create fairly unique recipes using bananas. Like my Collagen Tahini Banana Bread and these tahini banana muffins.
Tahini Banana Muffins
These vegan tahini muffins are the perfect solution for an easy snack, breakfast or lunch addition. They last well in the fridge and taste great on their own.
In addition, these healthy muffins are:
- gluten free & grain free - made without wheat flour and without oats
- nut free
- dairy free - no milk or butter
- egg free
- no sugar added - only sweetened with bananas
- paleo and vegan
These paleo tahini banana muffins don't contain any added sugar. In addition, they are made with a combination of tahini, ground flax, tapioca flour and coconut flour. Substituting any other drippy nut or seed butter will work in place of the tahini.
Here's what you need:
How to Make Tahini Banana Muffins
These healthy tahini muffins are made in one bowl and take less than 30 minutes to bake. They're simple, delicious and moist! What more could you want in a muffin?
All you have to do is:
- Preheat your oven.
- Peel and mash the bananas, then mix in the tahini and vanilla.
- Mix in the ground flax, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt.
- Scoop the batter into a mini muffin pan.
Seriously, that easy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding this vegan tahini muffin recipe:
Can These Tahini Muffins Be Full Sized?
These mini muffins CAN be made into full-sized muffins! The recipe will make 6 full sized muffins, however the cooking time will increase 5-10 minutes.
Do I Have to Use Tahini?
No, any drippy nut or seed butter will work. Almond butter, sunflower seed butter or peanut butter would be good alternatives.
Is there a Substitution for Ground Flax?
Ground flax not only adds to the taste, but the texture of these muffins as well. It helps bind the ingredients together. That being said, the best substitutions are ground chia seed or eggs. Please note, I have not tested these substitutions myself.
More Paleo Vegan Muffin Recipes
- Healthy Carrot Muffins
- Tigernut Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- Mini Chocolate Muffins
Paleo and Vegan Tahini Banana Muffins! Made with tahini, ripe bananas and no added sugar - these mini muffins are perfect for kids and toddlers.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel bananas and mash in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mix in tahini and vanilla.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Scoop batter into a silicone mini muffin pan (12 muffins).
- Place in preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature on a wire cooling rack.
For best results, measure ingredients by weight (when given)
*I grind whole flax seed with a coffee grinder to make my own ground flax.
Keywords: tahini muffins, vegan banana tahini muffins, paleo banana muffins, moist muffins, toddler snacks, nut free muffins, breakfast recipes, egg free muffins, paleo vegan, no added sugar