These chocolate tahini muffins are soft and fluffy, super easy to make and kid friendly. They are made with cassava flour, cacao powder and tahini, lightly sweetened with maple syrup and loaded with dark chocolate chips. This recipe for chocolate tahini muffins is gluten free, paleo and vegan friendly.
I've been baking a lot with cassava flour lately - I just love it!
Once you get the hang of it, cassava flour is actually quite easy to work with. It creates a baked good texture that's similar to all purpose flour, but is completely gluten free and grain free.
These chocolate tahini muffins are actually and OLD recipe that got a serious makeover. They're now egg free and vegan, so perfect for anyone that either avoids animal products or has an egg allergy.
Why You'll Love these Chocolate Tahini Muffins
There are so many reasons to love these double chocolate tahini muffins, but I wanted to highlight a few:
- paleo friendly - these tahini muffins are paleo, meaning made with real, whole food ingredients that are minimally processed, nutrient dense and gut friendly
- vegan - this muffin recipe is made without and animal products (egg free, dairy free)
- top allergy free - these chocolate muffins are free from the top 8 allergens
- kid friendly - my kids love this recipe, making it great as a breakfast side or after school snack
- easy to make - simply mix the batter in one bowl, pour it into a lined muffin pan and bake!
Here's a list of what you need to make these vegan chocolate tahini muffins:
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- apple cider vinegar
- water (or plant based milk)
- cassava flour
- cacao powder
- baking soda
- dark chocolate chips
This chocolate tahini muffin recipe is made with cassava flour and I have not tested any other flours. That being said, a gluten free flour blend or all purpose flour should work as a replacement when substituted by weight.
How to Make Chocolate Tahini Muffins
These paleo chocolate muffins are really easy to make. All you need is a mixing bowl, whisk, spatula, lined muffin pan (I use silicone muffin liners) and the necessary ingredients.
Here's how to make them:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with silicone muffin liners. Paper liners will work, but they don't fit snug on the muffins after they cool (they tend to fan out).
Next, combine all of the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk. Add in the dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth. Lastly, fold the chocolate chips into the batter with a spatula (the batter will be quite thick).
Scoop the muffin batter into the lined muffin pan, filling each slot about ¾ full. This recipe makes approximately 10 muffins.
Bake the muffins at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. After baking, remove the muffins from the oven and cool them for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
Store these muffins in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week. If desired, soften them in the microwave for 10 seconds before enjoying.
More Paleo Recipes with TahiniPrint
These chocolate tahini muffins are rich and fluffy, made with a mixture of grain free flours and completely gluten free, paleo and vegan friendly.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with silicone muffin liners. Paper liners will work, but they don't fit snug on the muffins after they cool (they tend to fan out).
- Combine the tahini, maple syrup, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and water in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in the cassava flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter with a spatula (the batter will be quite thick).
- Scoop the muffin batter into the lined muffin pan, filling each slot about ¾ full. This recipe makes approximately 10 muffins.
- Bake the muffins at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- After baking, remove the muffins from the oven and cool them for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
- Best stored in an air tight container in the fridge, up to one week.
Keywords: chocolate tahini muffins, chocolate cassava muffins, vegan chocolate tahini muffins, paleo chocolate tahini muffins, double chocolate tahini muffins