This healthy banana bread recipe is Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free and nut free. It is high in protein, low in sugar and tastes great with sweet or savory toppings. Better yet, this Tahini Banana Collagen Bread is only sweetened with bananas and made with just 8 ingredients!
I made this banana bread in collaboration with Ancient Nutrition (on Instagram) and liked it so much, that I thought it needed a permanent home on the blog.
I’m not a big fan of eating plain, raw bananas. But, I absolutely LOVE using them in baked goods, treats and smoothies. In my opinion, they’re the ultimate sweetener. They aren’t too sweet, usually enhance the texture of any baked good and I enjoy the flavor.
This Paleo tahini bread only uses one ripe banana. And by ripe, I mean semi-ripe; yellow with just a few brown speckles. However, I’m sure any level of ripeness would work for this recipe.
Since this bread isn’t overly sweet, it works well eaten with both sweet and savory toppings. My favorite ways to consume this loaf:
- slather a piece in dairy free yogurt and top with fresh raspberries
- cover a slice in mashed avocado with a runny egg on top
- drizzle a portion with tahini and sprinkle on cinnamon, bee pollen and dried cranberries
ALL are amazing! You can thank me later 😉
Ingredients in Tahini Banana Collagen Bread
It should be common sense that this banana bread contains tahini, bananas and collagen. In addition, the remaining ingredients are also Paleo friendly, grain free, gluten free, nut free and dairy free. Here’s what you need:
- ripe banana
- vanilla extract
- cassava flour
- baking powder
How To Make Collagen Bread
This bread is made in one bowl and baked in the oven in an 8″ x 4″ pan.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then, peel banana and mash in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the remaining wet ingredients: eggs, tahini, vanilla. Next, mix in the dry ingredients: collagen, cassava flour, cinnamon, baking powder.
Pour the batter into a parchment lined 8″ x 4″ baking pan. Lastly, place the pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
After baking, cool on a wire cooling rack to room temperature. This loaf is best stored in the fridge up to one week.
More Paleo Banana Bread Recipes
For more easy, low sugar banana bread recipes, check these out:
Healthy, low sugar Paleo bread sweetened with bananas and made with collagen and tahini.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel banana and mash in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in wet ingredients (eggs, tahini, vanilla) and mix well.
- Add in dry ingredients (collagen, cassava flour, cinnamon, baking powder) and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into a parchment lined, 8″ x 4″ baking pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature on a wire cooling rack.
- Best stored in fridge up to one week.
Keywords: collagen, tahini bread, banana bread, no added sugar, bread, Paleo, nut free, cassava flour