These healthy Applesauce Muffins make a great snack for babies and toddlers. They are gluten free, Paleo, Vegan friendly and don't contain any added sugar - only sweetened with applesauce.
Miniature muffins are the cutest! Agreed?
What's even cuter? when you children want to help with the photos, which is why you'll notice a few hands made it into these pictures 😉
As many of you know, my daughter has a couple food allergies and many food intolerances. I sometimes feel overwhelmed with what to feed her. There are days that she seems to react to everything she eats!
Anyway, these healthy apple muffins are one of the many allergy friendly recipes I've created just for her. Here's the scoop...
Applesauce Muffin Highlights
These muffins are:
- Paleo, Vegan and allergy friendly
- made with cassava flour and coconut flour (grain free & nut free)
- dairy free
- only sweetened with applesauce (no added sugar)
- contain healthy fats (important for babies and kids)
These vegan applesauce muffins are great for baby led weaning since they're small (easy for a baby to grasp), free of top allergens, don't contain added sugar and made with easily digestible ingredients.
Ingredients in Healthy Applesauce Muffins
Here's what you need to make these allergy free baby muffins:
- cassava flour
- coconut flour
- ground flax
- baking soda
- unsweetened applesauce
- avocado oil
- vanilla extract
No ingredient substitutions have been tested, but if you try something I'd love to know the results! Let me know in the comments 🙂
How to make Applesauce Muffins
This is a one-bowl mini muffin recipe! The batter is made in one bowl, scooped into a mini silicone muffin pan and baked in the oven.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Next, whisk the dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Add in the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined. Then, let the batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken - the batter is quite thick!
Scoop the batter into a mini silicone muffin pan. Each muffin is about 2 tablespoons of batter, making 12 miniature muffins.
Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
After baking, cool slightly in pan then transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool to room temperature.
More Paleo Muffin Recipes without Added Sugar
- Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins
- Tigernut Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Cinnamon Apple Plantain Muffins
- Pear & Ginger Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cassava flour, coconut flour, ground flax, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk in applesauce, avocado oil, vanilla and water.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken (batter will be quite thick).
- Scoop the batter into a miniature silicone muffin pan (about 2 tablespoons batter per muffin).
- Place in the preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes in the baking pan, then remove and cool to room temperature on a wire cooling rack.
- Best stored in an air-tight container in the fridge up to one week.
Keywords: muffins, miniature muffins, applesauce muffins, baby recipes, toddler recipes, Paleo muffin recipes, vegan snack ideas, egg free, nut free, cassava flour muffins, no added sugar