These paleo blueberry pancakes are made with coconut flour and studded with fresh blueberries. This healthy coconut flour pancake recipe is fluffy, moist and lightly sweetened (not loaded in sugar) - perfect for a healthy weekend breakfast.
Our weekend breakfasts nearly always include pancakes (with a few other sides like crispy bacon and fresh sliced cucumber). And this means that I have a whole lot of pancake recipes I run through.
These paleo blueberry pancakes have been making a recent appearance at the breakfast table. As, blueberries have been surprisingly good even though it's the middle of winter.
This paleo pancake recipe is made with coconut flour, lightly sweetened with maple syrup and loaded with fresh blueberries.
- Paleo: these blueberry pancakes are made with paleo ingredients
- Gluten Free & Grain Free: made with coconut flour and a little tapioca flour (no wheat flour)
- Lightly Sweetened: this pancake recipe uses a little maple syrup to sweeten the batter
- Low Carb: lower in carbs than your average pancake recipe
- Fluffy: these are fluffy coconut flour pancakes
- Moist: coconut flour can often lead to dense, dry baked goods but these pancakes are moist
The whole family is sure to love these healthy blueberry pancakes!
Here's what you need to make these blueberry coconut flour pancakes:
- large eggs
- avocado oil
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- water (or nut milk)
- coconut flour
- tapioca flour
- paleo baking powder
- baking soda
- fresh blueberries
No ingredient substitutions have been tested. For best results, use the ingredients listed.
How to Make Paleo Blueberry Pancakes From Scratch
The batter for these paleo blueberry pancakes is made in a mixing bowl and cooked on the stove top. Here are the steps:
First, combine the wet ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. This includes the eggs, avocado oil, maple syrup, vanilla and water. Whisk until smooth.
Next, add in the dry ingredients. This includes the coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until smooth.
Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken, then fold the blueberries into the batter.
Preheat a frying pan on medium heat and grease with a bit of oil (I used coconut oil).
Then, scoop about ¼ cup of pancake batter from the mixing bowl and pour it onto the preheated frying pan. Cover with a lid and cook until bubbles start to form on top of the pancake.
Lastly, remove the lid to the frying pan, flip the pancakes and continue cooking until done.
Repeat until all pancakes have been cooked. (This recipe will make 7 blueberry pancakes.)
Paleo Pancake Toppings
These coconut flour pancakes will go with nearly any of your favorite pancake toppings. Here are some great paleo topping ideas:
- roasted coconut butter
- coconut cream
- nut butter
- homemade sunflower seed butter
- dairy free yogurt
- melted chocolate
- maple syrup
- fresh berries
- freeze dried fruit
- cacao nibs
- dye-free sprinkles
More Paleo Pancake RecipesPrint
Paleo Blueberry Pancakes with Coconut Flour
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 7 pancakes 1x
These paleo blueberry pancakes are made with coconut flour, lightly sweetened with maple syrup and filled with fresh blueberries.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water (or nut milk)
- ⅓ cup coconut flour (37g)
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour (15g)
- 1 tsp paleo baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Combine the eggs, avocado oil, maple syrup, vanilla and water in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in the coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken, then fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Preheat a frying pan on medium heat and grease with a bit of oil (I used coconut oil).
- Scoop about ¼ cup of pancake batter from the mixing bowl and pour it onto the preheated frying pan. Cover with a lid and cook until bubbles start to form on top of the pancake.
- Remove the lid to the frying pan, flip the pancakes and continue cooking until done.
- Repeat until all pancakes have been cooked.
Keywords: coconut flour pancakes, blueberry coconut flour pancakes, paleo coconut flour pancakes, paleo pancake recipe, gluten free pancakes, blueberry pancakes from scratch
My family and I love these blueberry pancakes - hope you do too!
Hi, what oils can you sub? Thanks! ♡
Hi! Light olive oil or melted coconut oil should work as a replacement.
Can you tell me the nutritional info on these?
Love it! I make 2 big pancakes with this recipe and eat it all;)
I'm so glad you like them! Thank you for leaving a review 🙂