These Vegan Raspberry Banana Muffins are gluten free, Paleo and free of all common allergens. Better yet, they are only sweetened with fruit! These muffins are great for snacking and toddler friendly.
Muffins, muffins, muffins.... Oh how I love you!
I don't know if you've noticed, but I kinda have a thing for Paleo muffins.
Perhaps it's because I don't ever buy bread or baked goods, so these fill that void. Or, maybe it's because they're such an easy snack. Plus, you can literally make any flavor muffin. Is it even possible to get bored of them if you're mixing up the flavors and ingredients?
Whatever the case, these vegan banana and raspberry muffins are a must! These perfect Paleo snacks are:
- gluten free
- dairy free
- nut free
- egg free
- don't contain any added sugar
- baby and toddler friendly
That's quite a list of what's not in them! So, what exactly ARE these muffins made of?
Ingredients in Paleo and Vegan Raspberry Banana Muffins
These muffins contain grain free flour, seed butter, banana, raspberries, cinnamon and a few simple baking staples. Here's what you need:
- ripe bananas
- sunflower seed butter
- vanilla extract
- cassava flour
- baking powder
- fresh raspberries
A few ingredient substitutions can be made. For instance, any nut or seed butter may be used in place of the sunflower seed butter. Why did I choose sunflower seed butter? Well, because it is nut free, therefore allergy friendly. It does have a very distinct flavor though. So, for a more subtle flavor I'd go with almond butter or peanut butter.
Even though these muffins are "raspberry" muffins, fresh blueberries or blackberries would work as well.
Lastly, the cinnamon and vanilla extract are optional, but add to the flavor. These ingredients may be left out.
More Cassava Muffin Recipes
As mentioned, muffins are a big deal on this blog. What can I say, I love them! Below are some reader favorites.
Healthy, toddler friendly raspberry and banana muffins. Gluten free, Vegan, Paleo and free of the top 8 allergens.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel bananas and mash in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in sunflower seed butter and vanilla.
- Mix in cassava flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix in water.
- Add raspberries and fold into the batter.
- Scoop batter into a lined muffin pan (recipe makes 12 muffins).
- Place muffins in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store muffins in the fridge up to one week.
*For best results, I recommend measuring these ingredients by weight
Keywords: muffins, Vegan, nut free, egg free, allergy friendly, raspberry, banana, Paleo, toddler, easy recipes