This healthy Asian slaw salad recipe is made with fresh cabbage, vegetables and herbs and covered in a sesame dressing. It's a great Paleo salad recipe - Vegan, Whole30 approved and easy to make!
I'm a huge fan of cabbage, so this Asian slaw salad recipe was a no-brainer! It consists of red and green cabbage, my two favorite types, and a few other colorful vegetables such as carrots and bell peppers.
To top it off, this easy Paleo salad is drizzled with a homemade Asian slaw dressing made with sesame oil (no peanut butter or mayo) and garnished with sesame seeds. This is the perfect summer cabbage salad - easy to make and a total crowd pleaser.
A few of my favorite things about this salad include:
- Paleo, Vegan and Whole30: grain free, dairy free, soy free and no added sugar
- Easy to make: doesn't take much prep
- Stores well: leftovers taste even better
- Healthy dressing: no added sugar, no mayo, no peanut butter or nuts
Ingredients in Asian Slaw Salad
This recipe for Asian slaw is made with simple ingredients that are all Paleo, Vegan and Whole30 approved. Here's what you need...
For the Salad:
- red cabbage
- green cabbage
- red bell pepper
- green onion
- Italian parsley
For the Dressing:
How to Make Asian Slaw Salad
This Whole30 Asian slaw salad is completely raw - meaning nothing needs to be cooked, baked or toasted! It also means that this recipe is super quick and easy to throw together. Here's what you need to do:
First, prepare the vegetables. You want all of the veggies to be thinly sliced or peeled. So, use a large, sharp knife to thinly slice the cabbage and pepper. Use a carrot peeler to shred the carrot into thin strips. Lastly, chop the green onion and parsley.
Place all of the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl, as shown below.
Next, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss with salad tongs.
The salad is ready to eat right after preparing! However, it can be set in the fridge and served at a later time. This is an easy Asian salad that can be made ahead of time if needed.
What to Serve with Asian Slaw?
My family loves making tacos using Asian slaw. Simply stuff some grain free taco shells with this Asian slaw, add some shredded chicken or ground beef and you're ready to go!
More Easy Paleo Salad RecipesPrint
This easy Asian Slaw Salad recipe is the perfect paleo side salad. Made with fresh veggies and drizzled in a homemade sesame dressing.
- ¼ small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ small head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- ½ - 1 tsp sriracha (optional)
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Add all salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Make the dressing: whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small dish.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Mix with salad tongs until well coated.
- Optional: garnish with sesame seeds
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the fridge.
Keywords: asian slaw salad, salad dressing, sesame salad, paleo salad recipe, whole30 salad, coleslaw, vegan salad