These chocolate chip tigernut flour muffins are a delicious, kid-friendly treat. They are nut free, dairy free, grain free and loaded with dark chocolate chips. This recipe for tigernut muffins is perfect for breakfast, snacking or packing in school lunches.
These chocolate chip tigernut flour muffins are moist and tender with a delicious crumb texture.
They are made with tigernut flour, sweetened with banana and maple syrup, and loaded with dark chocolate chips.
Tigernut flour is completely gluten free, grain free and nut free and so are these muffins! The whole family is sure to love this tigernut muffin recipe.
Chocolate Chip Tigernut Muffins
These muffins are:
- paleo friendly - made with nourishing, real food ingredients
- gluten free and grain free - made with a combination of tigernut flour and tapioca flour
- nut free - a nut free paleo muffin recipe
- dairy free - no cream or butter
- easy to make - a one bowl muffin recipe
- kid friendly - my children love these muffins for breakfast or snack
These banana tigernut flour muffins are made with a few simple ingredients. Here's a list of what you need:
- tigernut flour
- tapioca flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- maple syrup
- dark chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Tigernut Flour Muffins
This chocolate chip banana tigernut muffin recipe is super easy to make. Just one bowl required! Here's what you need to do:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with 10 paper baking cups.
Next, combine the tigernut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix in the eggs, mashed banana, maple syrup, water and vanilla. Lastly, fold the chocolate chips into the batter. I chopped the chocolate chips, but you can leave them whole if you prefer.
Scoop the batter into a lined muffin pan. Fill each muffin cup about ½ way, and making 10 muffins.
Place the muffins in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
After baking, remove the muffins from the pan and cool them on a wire cooling rack.
These paleo tigernut flour muffins are best stored in an air-tight container in the fridge. Enjoy them within one week.
More Tigernut Flour Recipes
If you’re looking for more recipes using tigernut flour, here are some popular ones from my site:
These tigernut flour muffins are made with tigernut flour, bananas and sweetened with maple syrup. They're a delicious nut-free paleo muffin recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with 10 paper muffin liners.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine tigernut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in eggs, mashed banana, water, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the lined muffin pan.
- Place the muffins in the oven (middle rack) and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature on a wire cooling rack.
Keywords: tigernut flour muffins, chocolate chip tigernut flour muffins, paleo muffins recipe, tigernut flour banana muffins, nut free paleo muffins, tigernut flour muffin recipe