These Healthy Almond Butter Blondies are low carb, Paleo friendly and have a deliciously, moist, gooey texture. This chocolate chip blondie recipe is made with almond butter and perfect for a healthy dessert.
These chewy Almond Butter Blondies may look slightly familiar... And that's because they take after my Cinnamon Roll Blondies recipe!
- Paleo and low carb
- made with almond butter and almond flour
- simple and easy
- gluten free, grain free, dairy free
- moist and gooey
But, despite their similarities, they do have a few differences as well.
This basic chocolate chip blondie recipe contains avocado oil instead of coconut oil and baking soda instead of baking powder. In addition, I added arrowroot flour for a slight change in texture - making these healthy blondies super fluffy, but still moist.
Ingredients in Healthy Almond Butter Blondies
So, let's dive into the specifics. What do you need to make these Flourless Almond Butter Blondies?
- almond butter
- avocado oil (or olive oil)
- vanilla extract
- almond flour
- coconut sugar (or monk fruit sweetener)
- arrowroot flour (or tapioca flour)
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
These blondies are made with Paleo ingredients; all gluten free, grain free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
For a more low carb approach, monk fruit sweetener can be subbed for the coconut sugar.
This recipe has not been tested without eggs - they are an important part of this recipe. The eggs help bind the ingredients and give the blondies structure.
I used almond butter in this gluten free blondie recipe, but any nut or seed butter should work as a replacement.
How to Make Almond Butter Blondies
These blondies are made in one bowl, then baked in the oven and cooled in the pan. Here's the step by step process:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Next, whisk the eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add in almond butter, avocado oil and vanilla. Mix with a spatula until well combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl. Mix again with a spatula until well combined. The batter is thick!
Next, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
Grease an 8"x8" square baking pan with avocado oil and pour the batter into the pan. Smooth it out using a spatula so that the batter is touching all sides of the pan.
Place the blondies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. It's important to note, I like blondies that are slightly under-baked, with a gooey center. If you prefer fully baked blondies, then I recommend baking for another 5 minutes or so.
Lastly, remove the blondies from the oven and cool to room temperature in the pan.
These chocolate chip blondie bars are best stored in the fridge up to one week.
More Recipes with Almond Butter
For more easy Paleo recipes using almond butter, check these out:
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Muffins
- Pumpkin Protein Bars
- Paleo Chocolate Torte
Healthy Almond Butter Blondies - perfect for an easy, crowd-pleasing dessert. Paleo, low carb, gluten free and dairy free.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup almond butter (unsalted, unsweetened)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour (50g)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (or monk fruit sweetener)
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch (34g) (or tapioca flour)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ - ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add in the almond butter, avocado oil and vanilla. Mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, coconut sugar, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8" x 8" glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature in the pan.
- Best stored in fridge up to one week.
Keywords: blondies, chocolate chip blondies, dessert, paleo, bars, low carb, easy baking, kid friendly