This grilled honey lime chicken recipe is marinated in a delicious honey and lime sauce, then cooked on the grill. It's juicy, tender and full of flavor - great for a summer barbecue. This honey lime chicken is paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
We don't use our grill often enough, but when we do, chicken and fresh veggies are always on the menu.
Grilled chicken is my favorite. I love how tender and juicy it gets on the inside with a nice crisp, slightly charred outer skin. And this grilled honey lime chicken is so full of flavor - not a bland chicken breast by any means!
This paleo honey lime chicken is marinated in a simple sauce, grilled and then ready to eat. It's an excellent dinner recipe for the whole family.
Here's what you need to know about this honey lime chicken recipe:
- paleo friendly - no gluten, no grains, no vegetable oil, no soy
- refined sugar free
- gluten free and soy free - the marinade is made without soy sauce and instead uses coconut aminos
- no vegetable oils - made without canola oil and instead uses avocado oil (olive oil is fine too)
- juicy and tender - no dry chicken here
- bold flavor - marinating the chicken for 12 hours makes for a delicious, flavorful grilled chicken
Here's a list of what you need to make this easy honey lime grilled chicken:
- chicken (I used breasts, but thighs, legs or wings will work too)
- coconut aminos
- lime juice
- lime zest
- avocado oil (or olive oil)
- raw honey
- fresh basil (swap with cilantro or rosemary if you prefer)
- pressed garlic
How to Make Honey Lime Chicken
This healthy honey lime chicken is marinated in a bowl (or baggie) for 12 hours, then cooked on the grill and ready to eat. Here's what you need to do:
First, slice the chicken so that the breasts are of equal thickness. You can use anywhere from 2-3 large breasts (about 1.5-2 lbs). Or, swap the breasts for chicken thighs, drumsticks or wings. If using anything other than breasts, there is no need to cut the chicken.
Place the sliced chicken in a large mixing bowl. Then, whisk together all of the ingredients for the honey lime marinade. Pour the marinade over the chicken and mix it around until the chicken is well coated.
Cover the bowl and place the chicken in the fridge for 12 hours to marinate.
When the chicken is ready to go, start the grill. Make sure the grill is pre-heated and hot (400-500 degrees) before cooking the chicken.
Place the chicken on the grill and cook until done (having an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.)
Any leftovers need to be stored in an air-tight glass container in the fridge. The chicken is best eaten within 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should you marinate chicken in lime juice?
This honey lime chicken is best marinated for 12 hours. However, you can shorten the marinating time to 4 hours if necessary.
What to serve with honey lime chicken?
This healthy honey lime chicken recipe is great with a side of grilled vegetables, baked sweet potatoes or served up on a salad. Here are some easy recipe ideas:
- zucchini fritters
- strawberry avocado salad
- air fryer green beans
- paleo dinner rolls
- air fryer parsnip fries
More Healthy Chicken RecipesPrint
This grilled honey lime chicken recipe is marinated in a honey and lime sauce then cooked on the grill. It is paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
- Slice the chicken breasts so that they are of equal thickness, or place the breasts in a zip-lock bag and pound the chicken with a meat mallet to about ½ inch thick.
- Place the chicken in a large mixing bowl or baggie.
- Make the marinade. Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover the bowl (or close the baggie) and place the chicken in the fridge for 12 hours to marinate**
- When the chicken is ready, preheat the grill. I recommend heating the grill to at least 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook until done (internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F).
*Feel free to swap the chicken breasts for thighs, drumsticks or wings
**This chicken is best left to marinated for 12 hours, however you can cut the time down to 4 hours if necessary.
Keywords: honey lime chicken, grilled honey lime chicken, paleo honey lime chicken recipe, paleo grilled chicken, easy lime chicken recipe, paleo chicken recipe, honey chicken with lime