This tigernut flour zucchini bread is made with tigernut flour, sweetened with maple syrup and loaded with dark chocolate chips. It's nut free, moist (but not soggy) and perfect for a healthy treat. This is the best paleo chocolate zucchini bread recipe!
Because you can never have enough zucchini bread recipes (or tigernut flour recipes) I decided to create this tigernut flour zucchini bread!
I frequently use tigernut flour in my baking because I like creating some nut free paleo recipes. As, it can be easy to over-consume nuts when going grain free. Using alternative flours like tigernut flour, cassava flour and plantain flour are great ways to bake paleo but avoid overeating nuts.
This tigernut flour zucchini bread is amazing - rich and chocolatey, loaded with fresh shredded zucchini and studded with dark chocolate chips. What more could you want?!
Not only that, but since this paleo zucchini bread is made without almond flour it's completely nut free. Yep! This is a nut free paleo zucchini bread recipe - all possible thanks to tigernut flour.
Why You'll Love This Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- gluten free and grain free - made without wheat flour
- nut free - this paleo zucchini bread is made without almond flour and instead uses tigernut flour
- dairy free - no butter or milk
- refined sugar free - sweetened with maple syrup
- easy to make - a simple, one-bowl zucchini bread recipe
This chocolate zucchini bread recipe is moist, but not soggy or gummy. It's lightly sweetened and makes a great breakfast side, snack or dessert. All of the ingredients are paleo friendly: grain free, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
Here's a list of what you need to make this paleo chocolate chip zucchini bread:
- zucchini: because...zucchini bread
- eggs: binds the ingredients together. I have not tested an egg substitute.
- maple syrup: or any liquid sweetener
- avocado oil: for moisture. Olive oil would be the best substitute.
- vanilla extract: adds flavor
- tigernut flour: this is a tigernut flour bread recipe and I have not tested any other flours. That being said, the best substitute would be almond flour.
- cocoa powder: makes a chocolate zucchini bread
- tapioca flour: needed for texture. Can be replaced with arrowroot starch.
- baking soda: helps the loaf rise
- salt: for flavor
- chocolate chips: optional but recommended.
How to Make Zucchini Bread with Tigernut Flour
This is a one bowl zucchini bread recipe. (Yay for less cleaning!) All you need is a large mixing bowl, whisk, lined 8" x 4" baking pan and the necessary ingredients. Here are the steps:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8" x 4" baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients. This includes the shredded zucchini, eggs, maple syrup, avocado oil and vanilla extract.
Add the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) and whisk batter until smooth. This includes the tigernut flour, cocoa powder, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt.
Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
Next, pour the batter into the lined baking pan and top with additional chocolate chips.
Place pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Lastly, remove the loaf from the oven and cool 5 minutes in the baking pan. Then, remove the bread and cool on a wire cooling rack.
This gluten free chocolate zucchini bread is best stored in the fridge up to one week.
Tigernut flour is a paleo baking flour made from tigernuts, which are small root vegetables. They're naturally sweet, gluten free, grain free, paleo and vegan friendly - perfect for healthy baking!
From my experience, tigernut flour bakes similarly to almond flour. They both have a fine texture and slightly sweet flavor.
Tigernut flour is great for making gluten free and nut free baked goods. It can be used in sweet or savory recipes and often works as a replacement for almond flour.
In some recipes tigernut flour can be the sole flour, such as my Vegan Tigernut Flour Waffles and Tigernut Flour Brownies. But, depending on the other ingredients in the recipe, you may need to combine it with other flours like tapioca flour or coconut flour.
More Tigernut Flour Recipes
What can you make with tigernut flour? SO many things! Here are some great tigernut flour recipes to check out:
- Tigernut Flour Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Chip Tigernut Flour Cookies
- Tigernut Flour Pumpkin Bread
- Vegan Tigernut Flour Blueberry Muffins
This Paleo chocolate zucchini bread is made with tigernut flour. It's grain free, nut free and refined sugar free - perfect for a healthy treat!
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (118g)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups tigernut flour (124g) sifted, spooned & leveled
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (28g) sifted, spooned & leveled
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour (40g)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8" x 4" baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients. This includes the shredded zucchini, eggs, maple syrup, avocado oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) and whisk batter until smooth. This includes the tigernut flour, cocoa powder, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan. Optional: top with additional chocolate chips.
- Place pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes in baking pan. Then, remove the loaf and cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Best stored in fridge up to one week.
For best results, measure ingredients by weight (when given)
Keywords: tigernut flour bread, tigernut zucchini bread, paleo zucchini bread, nut free paleo bread, chocolate zucchini bread, paleo snack, paleo dessert, tigernut flour recipe